Home Forums General Karting Discussion We have lost Norm Deboever

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  patrick j slattery 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Marshall Martin
    Participant

Saturday June 7th Norm passed away.  This is a big loss to Karting and a great friend for all of us who knew him.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/southbendtribune/obituary.aspx?n=norman-deboever&pid=171268705&fhid=7050

Greg Wright
    Participant

I just heard this this morning. I have known for quite some time that Norm wasn’t well but I’m shocked and devastated to hear of the loss of my long time friend.

Godspeed Old Friend.

Steven Peters
    Participant

I just read my email on that.  My condolences to his son Joe and all the family.

Norm was quite the character.  He could be a bit crusty and didn’t have a problem speaking his mind about what he thought was good/bad for karting.  He was good for the sport.

He was a good friend – he’ll be missed.

lynn haddock
    Participant

RIP Norm

Karting has lost a true friend

Brian Mead
    Participant

I remember him blowing up both motors on his B-reed housekart at Webster.  He also could have a bit of a temper.  Great guy, great for the sport, He and Lloyd really helped getting the sport to grow.  All the tiny maddening bits needed to get the kart together and running were at the shops because of companys like Michiana midget motors and Target. Deepest sympathies to the family, RIP Norm.

Mark Dismore Jr.
    Participant

Norm was a great guy and I always enjoyed talking to him. He was a good friend to karting and will be missed.

Jim Fry
    Participant

RIP Norm. Thanks to you and Lloyd for getting my dad and I started in karting in the early 60’s.

Bob Vehring
    Participant

For decades, Badger never had a better friend, a fund raiser for someone hurt, the Scholarship fund, the Jr Summer series, Norm always helped I will certainly miss seeing him

patrick j slattery
    Participant

Sad to hear, Norm was a generous man and great karter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.