Home Forums TaG Vortex DVS

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  James McMahon 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ANGEL RAMIREZ
    Participant

Any comments on this motor,

I’m just about to get one, but i like to hear from you guys first.

thank’s

James McMahon
    Participant

Are you racing in the “Major Karting League” series with it? Concensus from those I’ve spoken to have said its certainly fast, faster than KF2 but answers on longevity are still up in the air. .

ANGEL RAMIREZ
    Participant

James, no I’m not racing any league, we are in cancun mexico and trying to put a series together, most of us are masters aound 190lbs.

James McMahon
    Participant

Ah, have you considered the Sudam models?
    Less initial cost, simpler design without the powervalve and balance shaft. Also doesnt have the decomp valve, but perhaps heads (or valve) will be interchangeable.

ANGEL RAMIREZ
    Participant

yes, but as far as I know longevity is short on those motors, or I’m wrong?

Tim Koyen
    Participant

Vortex has had some demo karts setup with DVS engines at the last few USPKS events.  I think it was unanimously like by all the drivers that drove it.  No idea on longevity though.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

James McMahon
    Participant

It’s hard to know how longevity will work out between the DVS and a Sudam. One would assume the DVS will last longer between services with a rev limiter and balance shaft but until they get raced in full anger it’s hard to say.

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Word on the street is 10 hours on the top end and the piston looked fine still, 20 on the bottom with no issues.

Awesome engine to drive. Lots of fun. Super fast.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

ANGEL RAMIREZ
    Participant

thank’s guys.

James McMahon
    Participant

Get in touch with the guys running the MLK series. Starting in october this year, their senior class is DVS with the option of removing the rev limiter.

http://www.majorleaguekarting.us/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication