Home Forums Road Racing VIR, WKA Road Race National.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Clark Gaynor Sr. 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Folks, registration is now open for the WKA Road Race National at VIR, July 21st through the 23rd.  The event is hosted by the Woodbridge Kart Club.  Information about registration online and by mail can be found on the WKA and WKC websites.

For Briggs LO206 competitors, the designated gasoline for those classes is Sunoco 93 Unleaded Ultra.  This gasoline is available in the pumps located in the paddock area at VIR.  The current price is $3.76 per gallon.

Hope to see you there,

Clark Gaynor Sr.

WKC Board Member.

WKA NRRC Member.

David Cole
    Keymaster

How was racing the 206 on the big track at Summit?

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

There were 4 or 5 Clone/LO206 Heavy karts and I believe only 1 Lite.

I can only speak about the CIK/LO206 Sprint class.  I was the only one signed in, so I actually didn’t run during the actual race groups…only practice.  As a note, our Son Clark Jr also has one, but for only he and I to race would be silly.  We’d just spend a half hour messing around and not really racing!!!  It’s a father son thing!  ;>

We did run practice together and did notice the karts were almost spooky equal.  For those who have ever run a shifter or Tag and are aware of how well they draft….you should see these things!!!  We literally could draft by at will, often several times during one trip down the main straight!   Side by side through turns, draft by between every turn.  Pretty cool!

If this class ever takes off in road racing—–it will be nuts!!  Even a 69 year old can drive one well, VERY low maintenance, they sip pump gas, don’t eat tires, top out at about 70 on the limiter, avg 61 around Summit, draft better then anything I’ve ever raced, and at the end of a race day…change the oil and have a beer!

I’m pretty sure some of the folks from down South are planning on coming to VIR to run the CIK class.  Should be a hoot!  And for what it’s worth, if you have an old CIK chassis laying around, for less then a grand you can buy a “complete” LO206 setup ready to bolt on!

Pretty neat,

Clark Sr.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Thanks Clark.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

I had a freakin blast at Summit, it was my first national in my WKA sprinter , I finished down a lap both days but I was really psyched to have finished both races. Learned a lot from folks too, was a nice friendly event and WKC did a great job . I also learned that I had the worst possible header and flex pipe which made my engine tune all out of wack so I was probably down like 4 horses. Oops

Really looking forward to VIR ive heard it’s a blast!

Cheers

Ian

WKA sprint

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Glad to hear you had a good time Ian.  You’ll definitely enjoy VIR!!

Clark Sr.

Allan Dawson
    Participant

Sleep Inn has VIR rate of $79.  Super 8 for $63 a night…..both 15 minutes  from track.

GaryCampbell
    Participant

Clark Gaynor Sr. My father and I talked with you and Jr. Friday at VIR about the LO 206 package. Several more questions have come up since we spoke with y’all. Is it possible to contact you and run some things by y’all? My email is campbellgarym@gmail.com Thanks for your time!

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

No problem at all Gary.

cggaynor@verizon.net

610-326-8284 home, no need to give you my cell number…we live in a dead zone!

Clark Sr.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication