Home Forums General Karting Discussion Victory Karts ???

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Sharp 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

David Siller
    Participant

What happened to this American chassis company? Are they still around?

I was very interested in their VKS12 model for LO206.

-DS

Tim Landon
    Participant

I think Bill McLaughlin at Top Kart USA used to sell them.  I thought I saw some when I worked there a couple years ago.  I don’t think they make them anymore, but could be wrong.

David Siller
    Participant

Does anyone know who made them and where in Indiana? I hate to see American kart chassis efforts fail…

-DS

Greg Wright
    Participant

They were built by Jeff Snelling in the Indianapolis area. As far as I know they were never actually in full production. I could be wrong on that.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

David Siller
    Participant

Tim and Greg, thanks for your information.

I applaud any “American” effort to compete and have long supported American chassis efforts in my day. Margay, Comet Eagle, iKart, Coyote and Ionic Edge should all be supported in order for them all to thrive, grow and prosper. Too bad karts from Emmick, Nelson, Burton, Trackmagic, Mako Shark, Cobra, and many others failed to survive during the import onslaught. The imports took over for a simple reason, they are faster but much more expensive. Also these imported flexi-flyers are more easily disposable due to their paper thin tubing, therefore costs are much less to manage for newbie karters to afford. LO206 seems to be a great tool to overcome the cost restrictions of entering this family sport.

David Cole
    Keymaster

David Siller
    Participant

David, thanks for the article! It was very informative.

I suppose Victory Kart is toast as the phone at the website is disconnected now.

Dave Sharp
    Participant

David,

At the risk of sounding redundant, I applaud you for your applause! I also agree with your assessment of the 206 class. I am part of a manufacturing team right here in Noblesville, IN that is in production of a 206 chassis right now. Not only is it made in America, it is almost 100% made in one shop. If you are interested in any more information, please contact me anytime.

The 206 class could be the avenue for reemergence of homegrown, American ingenuity.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication