This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  William Weiler 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

William Weiler
    Participant

My builder just put a 6″ long tube hanging out of valve vent hole on my Lo206. I need a longer piece to run to the catch can. It looks like 1/2″ tubing. I went to home depot and they only had vinyl tubing. I went to Autozone and they didn’t have 1/2″ tubing. The vinyl softens at 175 F, which I think is no good for a vent tube. Where can I get tubing locally before this weekend’s race? What is the kind of tubing (material) I should get? Thanks for your help.

TonyKart 401s LO206
    Morgan Hill, CA

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Dude!

Just put a piece of fuel line, stick it far enough inside that molded hose and install the other end inside your catch can, done deal, it won’t fall off, been running mine for this whole season with no issues at all.

Please make sure your catch can has one or 2 bog holes for breathing, otherwise it will drive you crazy running like crap.

Good luck with your race.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

My Ace hardware had some black gas line that was big enough.

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

William Weiler
    Participant

I was able to get some cooler hose at Autozone. It is heavier than fuel line. They have a STP/Briggs display, and I also got a fuel filter.

TonyKart 401s LO206
    Morgan Hill, CA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication