--> Trying to make this life a little bit better – eKartingNews

Home Forums General Karting Discussion Trying to make this life a little bit better

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Schlosser 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chris Wheeler
    Participant

I am asking the opinion of fellow people who work in the karting community.  I know that it is not an easy life at times and can get frustrating. We all do it because it is something we love and when things are handled correctly it is the best job in the world.

My question is, who would like to have a place to leave notes for other members of the karting workforce? These notes could be anything from recommendations on places to eat or stay in certain towns to warning others about people we have worked for that don’t pay us. A place for us all to help each other out.

Let me know your thoughts.

Owner - Wheeler Motorsports : @WheelerMtrsprts on Twitter -
    Promoter - U.S. Open of Dirt : @US_Open_Dirt on twitter -
    Owner - United States Rally Kart Association : @RallyKartUSA on Twitter

Greg Wright
    Participant

Hey Chris, I’m not sure what you are proposing. Possibly an industry only message board or something of that nature.

If that is the case I would think that it would be useful, on the other hand from experience I have found that much of the industry is unwilling to work together even if it is a universal problem.

Whatcha got going on?

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.
    Vintage B-Stock Pilot
    "When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

Chris,

We’ve talked about putting together an industry-only restricted forum section to allow interaction between business owners etc.  Might be time to pull the trigger on it.

Rob Howden - eKartingNews.com Publisher / Editor - @RobHowden

Chris Wheeler
    Participant

Greg, I think it would just be cool to have a place that we can all use to help each other out.

Rob, I think you are right.  This is why I posted here. Yourself and the staff on the 3 levels below you in the office building always do a great job at hearing what we all want and executing it.

Owner - Wheeler Motorsports : @WheelerMtrsprts on Twitter -
    Promoter - U.S. Open of Dirt : @US_Open_Dirt on twitter -
    Owner - United States Rally Kart Association : @RallyKartUSA on Twitter

Dan Schlosser
    Participant

I think it would be great Chris. Travel help is always welcome – shared rides, hotels, food, etc. A place for teams to go that need help for an event or a place to let people know they are available – most feel funny about doing that in an open forum I’ve found. Even things a lot of us have to deal with like health insurance.

Good idea.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.