Home Forums General Karting Discussion Trustworthy shop in west michigan

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan Ouellette 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Formosa Kid
    Participant

Hi yall. Im about to lay down some cash and buy myself a TaG kart. dont really want to buy it online because there are too many scammers out. Anybody here know any trustworthy shop or any owner near west michigan that can help me find a used good condition kart?

Ryan Ouellette
    Participant

I’m not near Michigan but I have a great used CRG with a Rotax available…..

Formosa Kid
    Participant

what year and how used? price?

Walt Gifford
    Participant

I’ve never bought a used kart that didn’t need allot of work to bring it up to aircraft standards. It’s not that people are scammers they’re just not the best mechanics. Get pics of the bottom. If the frame rails are good everything else can be fixed.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Dennis Chappell
    Participant

Google MRP Kart shop Tell Steve Dennis sent ya. Three Oaks Mi. west side of state.

Bob Cole
    Participant

formosakid, where are you located, I’m in Grand Rapids. Are you running sprint tracks or the road racing. If you need some help I’m in my 43rd year karting may I can help or point you in the right direction.

Formosa Kid
    Participant

Bob Cole, Im in grand rapids area as well.

Bob Cole
    Participant

Where are you looking to race, Ravenna, Lansing  or any one of our four big tracks. We just was at Ravenna with a 206 against mod clones, my kid won. Next weekend I go to Mid Ohio to run my leopard.We ran at MIS a couple weeks ago. So what’s your direction?

Dennis Chappell
    Participant

Bob is Mr. Karter he will send you in the right direction. Your in good hands.

Formosa Kid
    Participant

just trying to get a good TaG or Lo206 kart. What four track we got here in west michigan. so far i only know about ravenna

Bob Cole
    Participant

Formosa Kid  I sent you a private message , call me, even in the day time I’m retired      BOB

Ryan Ouellette
    Participant

I have 2 CRG’s.  Both are in great condition.  2008 Road Rebel and 2010 Blackstar.  The chassis are used but no flat spotting.  I run them on a regular basis in my local club.  They were stripped down, cleaned up and put back together this past winter.  The Blackstar has not been used this year.  The Road Rebel has been used in 3 events.  I set pole this past weekend with a 3rd in pre final and 2nd in final.  I can assure you the chassis’ need nothing.  I also have a Rotax that can be mounted to either chassis.  It is a 2010 with less than 15 hours since new.  No rebuilds.  It was an engine from SSC East , from the Rotax Nationals.  Great package.  Let me know. Email to rcouellette@yahoo.com

Ryan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication