Home Forums General Karting Discussion Truck Kart rack help

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  FREDDY SANDOVAL 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mauricio Rivera
    Participant

Hello,

Want to build a rack on my truck to transport two karts, thinking of stacking them on top of each other and looking for ideas. Does anyone have anything similar to this, just need it till we get a trailer.

Thanks,

Mauricio

Sebastian Bacon
    Participant

I do. I have a high top camper shell with a kart rack that sits on top of the bed rails, made out of wood, that serves as a platform for a second kart. I made some ramps that allow me to roll the second kart up onto the platform. I have an 8′ bed though. If you have a shorter box and no camper shell it may be a little more difficult to build a similar setup to mine, as the shell provides the bracing for my platform and the extra bed space provides the room I need for the ramps and to store taller items.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Mauricio

What kind of truck do you have (year and model, some specs would be good)

Short bed, long bed, 4×4 or lifted?

Can you post a picture?

There are a few options you can go with, such as:

1 Build some ramps on top of side rails

2 Build two bars accross the bed with a 90 degree bend on both sides ( this could be round exhaust tubing) weld a bracket at the bottom of both sides, drill some holes, bolt them down to the bed. Do that X2  ( 1 bar for the front and another bar for the rear )

The # 2 option will be the cheapest to build

Just buy the the exhaust piping at any local muffler shop and just have them bend each end 90 degrees

then do the rest at home, if you have a welder, but if you don’t, then bring everything with you to the muffler shop already cut and pre made, so that they can weld the brackets to the ends of the pipes for you, for an extra charge, or extra beer.

Just my 2 cents, we had this set up before, and it worked great.

Hope it helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.