Home Forums Tech Talk Tonykart rear brakes wont self adjust

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Craig Whitfield 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Craig Whitfield
    Participant

Hello.

I have a 14 evk kz tonykart and while I was changing a axle I went and mistakenly pushed the pads into the calipers to allow room for the brake disc. (I did this because I accidentally pulled the brake on)

Now It won’t let me bleed them at all and every time I do bleed them the Pistons and pads only move slightly then go back in. The pistons are not far away from being flush with the caliper.

I plan on driving Saturday so I’m hoping I haven’t totally destroyed the rear brakes. Fronts are perfect but I can not get the pads on the rear anywhere near the disc.

Any help would be appreciated alot.

Thanks

Craig whitfield

Steen Carstensen
    Participant

Make sure the arm on the master cylinder returns ALL the way back against the body. Best way is to disconnect the balance bar at the MC arm, then bleed the brakes. I use a “Mighty Vac” attached by a piece of fuel line to the bleeder nipple.

Mark Dismore Jr.
    Participant

Did you remove the two big reservoir caps and the rubber seal? Sounds like it is vacuum locked.

Craig Whitfield
    Participant

I removed the reservoir caps yes but not the rubber seals??? The rubber seals on the lids or where the actual bleeding tool screws in?

I hope it’s something stupid I’m doing and is an easy fix. The pistons on the rear definitely seem vacuum locked because both always return to same position.

Mark Dismore Jr.
    Participant

The seals under the reservoir caps. They can vacuum down so even if you remove the caps the system is still sealed until you pull them off.

I’d pull the caps and rubber seals, pump the brakes a few times and see if that fixes your problem. Personally I like to bleed the system with a bleed tower from the master cylinder.

Craig Whitfield
    Participant

Guys it’s fixed. I removed the stop at the pedal to allow the arm to go fully back like steen said and I then noticed the left side moving then eventually the right side moved to.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the time you took to answer the questions.

Now I just need to even them out.

Thanks again

Craig whitfield

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.