Home Forums Chassis & Handling Tony Kart front end question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TJ Koyen 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Nicholas Bruno
    Participant

I have a Tony Kart with the multi-hole adjusters ONLY at on the top of the spindle, with a neutral, non-adjustable pill in the bottom. The way I figure, the front end settings in this configuration should be:

Arrow pointing forward: Most caster, middle camber

Arrow pointing inward: Middle caster, least (most negative) camber

Arrow pointing rearward: Least caster, middle camber

Arrow pointing outward: Middle caster, most (positive) camber.

Would this be correct? And also, what would a baseline of these settings be?

Nick

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

I don’t know why it doesn’t have adjusters at the bottom, but if I’m correct “N” Neutral position on those is Arrow pointing forward, and counting 5 holes on any direction, left or right.

What year and model is this Tony Kart?

Nicholas Bruno
    Participant

https://cometkartsales.com/images/D/0212.d0.jpg

This is the bushing on the bottom. This is a 2012 EVRR

So you’re saying arrow forward is neutral camber and caster?

TJ Koyen
    Participant

It can be confusing. With a neutral pill in the bottom the settings on the top pill are as follows:

Arrow forward = most caster, neutral camber (top of kingpin tilted back)
    Arrow backward = least caster, neutral camber (top of kingpin tilted forward)
    Arrow inward = neutral caster, most positive camber (top of kingpin tilted outward)
    Arrow outward = neutral caster, most negative camber (top of kingpin tilted inward)

The baseline setting from the factory would be full neutral, meaning a neutral pill top and bottom, or two adjustable pills, one on top and one on bottom with each arrow facing the same direction.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  TJ Koyen.

Nicholas Bruno
    Participant

Thanks TJ. Unfortunatly it looks like there is not real “neutral” setting for both camber and caster.

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Not if you have one neutral pill and one adjustable. You need either two adjustable pills or two neutral pills.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication