Home Forums Shifter Karts TM K9B Gearbox Oil

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis Chappell 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Scott Newton

I need to service the gearbox oil in my K9B engine, but having never done it before in this engine, and being unable to find any kind of a service manual, I have some questions:

1) what do I fill it with?

2) how much?

3) which plug is the fill plug?  Do I use the “vent” hole?  What about the two screws on the side by the clutch plates – are either of them significant – or are they just holding the case halves together?

4) is there a level screw (fill till it spills)?

Steen Carstensen

Search is your friend, took me all of 15 sec. to find this. It a good reference page for all TM ICC.

Matt Martin

I do 500mL of Synthetic ATF through the vent-port plug.

John Kwong

Here is my experience with transmission fluid levels.  I did a rebuild this past winter on my K9B and used this thread as a resource for the amount of transmission fluid to use.  I put in the 500ml and the motor didn’t seem to have the same over rev or mid and top end power.  Spoke to another competitor and Joey from Overdrive and dropped that transmission fluid down to 300ml.  The motor has now come alive on the top end and is very snappy.

John K

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  John Kwong.

Dennis Chappell

Check out SwedeTech web site they have all the info you should need.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication