Home Forums Road Racing Thunderhill West

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ray Chiappe 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Mark Morrison
    Participant

It’s that time to start thinking about joining NCK at the new THUNDERHILL WEST course  on Oct.11. Be one of the first in karts to run this new layout. Be the first to set a new track record. For more info go to http://www.nckroadracing.com registration will open Sept. 22.

Mark Morrison, NCK

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

Hey Dobbs, why aren’t you telling how great the weather is going to be??? BTW I entered all you can race!!

Jason Santander
    Participant

Any run groups for those that want to simply drive the track not race?  Maybe run from the back?

Birel CR32SR Complete roller $2k
    set of new tires on wheels, extra set wheels, freeline large & small rad, tons of freeline components

TWO CRS ICC motors complete- rebuilt $3k
    Custom Pit Cart

Mark Morrison
    Participant

You can enter as a single entry and run the practice sessions and if we have time at the end of the day in friends and family. We do not allow tag along style running with the race groups.

Mark Morrison ,NCK

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

The weather is up in the air:)

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

OK Larry, I just checked. It’s calling for High on Sat of 85 and a low of 58. Sorry to have to do your job!!

John Benson
    Participant

Any thoughts on what other track to gear this like? I was thinking a little taller then ORP

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

I’m thinking the same as ORP

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

The first time at any track is special, but this 2.2 mile West track at Thunderhill is perfect for karts; almost as though they built it just for our roadracing karts! Please tell your karting friends to come join you on Saturday and maybe we will have time at the end of the day for friends and family!  Rumor has it that Russ Dyer and some of his karting family are going to make it.  Ray, from the south and Blair from the north are already coming.  Hope to see so  many of you at the track as it is always a pleasure (except Chris H. of course)!

Kerry Matthews
    Participant

Here’s a recently posted video from the West track in an open wheeler…  3 laps at speed.  It’s going to be busy out there!

Greg Lindahl
    Participant

Thanks Kerry.

That’s good footage!

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

I gotta stop watching that freakin video!!

John Benson
    Participant

Wow great track! A little tight for a superkart but really fun. Thank you NCK as usual the day seamed to run like a well oil machine. Can’t wait to go back.

Jim White
    Participant

It was a great track. Almost like they built it with karts in mind. Very technical but still fast. A real “drivers” track. Yes a little tight for 250’s but for every other class it was truly exceptional.
    Looking forward to be able to run there again.

Greg Lindahl
    Participant

Thanks NCK officials for a great day of racing and fun.

Anxious to give this track another go!

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

I made the trek from Vegas and it was worth it! That new asphalt is sure smooth! Thanks again to NCK

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication