Home Forums Tech Talk Technical Manual Availability

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Walt Gifford 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Brian G. Shacklett
    Participant

I’ve recently purchased a Kosmic chassis with a Vortex ROK GP / SuperRok engine. I’m fairly new to owning my own cart, and I’d like to purchase technical manuals for things like torque specs, suggested operating temperatures, tolerances, etc. Can anyone suggest where to find these manuals?

Thanks!

Patrick Roth
    Participant

For both the kart and the engine I would suggest calling OTK Kart USA.

Andres Malovos
    Participant

You might have luck with a kart that’s still in production, but there doesn’t seem to be many formal service documents in karting.

Brian G. Shacklett
    Participant

Patrick, I tried, but had no luck.

How do engine builders get torque specs? I can’t imagine that it’s trial and error.

Patrick Roth
    Participant

I used to run a Vortex ROK TT and recall struggling to find a manual as well (granted this was a few years ago).  I ended up calling a few places that either sold Vortex parts and/or rebuilt them and I was able to at least get answers to my specific questions even though they didn’t have manuals.  I believe Comet Kart Sales and J3 Competition were who I contacted…

As far as the Kosmic kart goes I’m not much help.  Comet Karts Sales sells the chassis line so they may be a good source of info (in addition to asking about the Vortex).

Walt Gifford
    Participant

All you need is the general knowledge of someone who’s mechanically inclined. If you pump kart shop guy for info, make sure you follow guy code and buy something from his shop.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication