Home Forums Theft Reports / Prevention STOLEN: Karting equipment, spares, helmet NORCAL

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sebastian Bacon 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sebastian Bacon
    Participant

Last Sunday morning, October 11th, between 2 and 6am, my car was broken into in Berkeley, California and all of my racing equipment and spares, along with my toolbox and starter were stolen. About $8k in items were stolen. I am certain the tools are long gone, but I really would like to find the spares. Whoever stole them probably has no idea what they are and they are very important to me and took me a long time and a lot of hard work to amass.

Here is a list of what was stolen:

– HJC AR10 helmet with mirrored visor and custom paint (my name is on it in chrome letters: “BACON”)
    – spares box from Harbor Freight, one of the black ones with the yellow dividers in it: had tons of karting parts – HPV clutch drums, new chains #219, spark plugs NGK and Autolite, Walbro carb rebuild kits, rear wheel spacer rings, electrical tape
    – large clear tub with blue lid: had tons of spares – brand new freeline steering shaft for Birel Art, brand new front spindles for Birel Art, cut 7.10 tire with tons of #219 gears, HPV ignition coil, Crafstman C3 impact and drill, 50mm rear hubs, HPV clutch covers, tons and tons of parts
    – Homak 22″ cantilever toolbox with tons of karting tools (chain breakers, HPV clutch wrench, clutch pullers)
    – Kart starter, has F100 sticker on it and Ercse racing sticker on it, blue in color with orange/red handles, old style large starter with big battery
    – gear bag with Sparco shoes, Alpinestars gloves, compression undershirts, elbow pads, Kart Bee Kleen SoCal Money Series t-shirt etc.

If anyone has any leads, please contact me. I appreciate your help.

Brian Patterson
    Participant

That’s awful! And right before the inaugural race of the Nor Cal series. I hope this person or persons are caught and your belongings are returned.

If you need anything for the race on the 7th, let me know. You’re welcome to what we have.

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

Man, that just sucks… Keep us updated…

www.hamiltonhelmets.com // SWISS HUTLESS Corse

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

www.hamiltonhelmets.com // SWISS HUTLESS Corse

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

GG… Sebastian., I’m sorry to hear that. I’ll keep an eye out. It will be very difficult to identify parts/tool box, etc. The helmet will be easy (if it doesn’t get re-painted).

I was going to contact you to see if you had any kt100 for sale.

I wish you twice as much of whatever you wish for me. : )

Sebastian Bacon
    Participant

GG… Sebastian., I’m sorry to hear that. I’ll keep an eye out. It will be very difficult to identify parts/tool box, etc. The helmet will be easy (if it doesn’t get re-painted).

I was going to contact you to see if you had any kt100 for sale.

Hi Sebastian. I don’t have any KT100’s for sale at the moment. I sold my last few a bit ago. Hope you are running well!

BTW, there is an F100 class in NorCal now where you can run your 100cc stuff if you’re interested. Races with Blue Max kart club in Davis, CA. http://www.f100karters.com/f100-norcal

Take care!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication