Home Forums Shifter Karts stock moto clutch problem, pretty confused right now:(

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brad Alan 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Scott Sinclair
    Participant

Hello. I am bran new to stock moto racing. I have a 99 swedetech cr125 and am having an issue with my clutch. When the clutch lever is squeezed completely all the way , the push rod barely contacts the pressure plate and the clutch will not disengage and be allowed to slip. Everything looks correct inside where the clutch is located.  Thx for your help:)

Scott

SKZ Motorsports

Matt Martin
    Participant

how tight is the cable when the clutch lever is all the way out?

Brad Alan
    Participant

I agree, first check the “slop” in the cable when the cluch is not engaged.  If there’s a lot, then tighten it up and see if that fixes things.  There should be a little “slop” but not excessive.

If that’s not the case then…

When the engine is running and everything is warmed up, in gear, and pull the clutch can you apply the break and does the engine keep running?  If so, all is fine, if not, you have a problem.

If the engine is cold and you pull the clutch, it might not seem like it’s disengaging… With the transmission fluid and the number of disk/pressure plates, it might not feel like it’s working, so it’s best to try as I mentioned above.

Good luck

Brad Alan
    Participant

or… If you have taken the clutch apart and put it back together, there’s a small steel ball that goes between the push rod and “hat” that releases the pressure on the clutch plates (when you engage the clutch).  If that steel ball got lost during the tear down (and not installed during the assembly), that’ll cause the issue you are describing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication