Home Forums Chassis & Handling Sprint vs Road Racing setup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FREDDY SANDOVAL 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tim Ripley
    Participant

It’s been a few years since being involved in NJ karting.  I have an ’07 Leopard/Margay Limo I ran eTown TaG Masters/Heavy in ’07-’09 I’m putting back together.

I just added a long bumper which is steel…I think I need to slot the mounting holes to loosen it up.  Any input on bumpers? ie steel vs plastic on Margay chassis?

Only running one brake…and hand controls.

I’d like to run NJMP and eTown’s road course and sprint tracks.  Obviously gearing will be different.  Are there specific chassis setup differences for RR vs sprint?  Are TaG karts running front brakes or did that fade.

Any other issues I should be aware of?

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

From what I understand RR setup is different, chassis has to be tighter or it will be very lose on the corners, and you’ll be fighting that the whole time.

Sprint set up you have to free up the kart to get it to glide through the corners

I don’t understand about steel bumper? Unless you’re talking about the rear bumper, I’m not a big fan of metal bumpers on the rear, I like plastic bumpers better, and they do have brackets for those to fit your Margay Kart.

You wanna tighten up the bumper for RR, and loosen it up for Sprint racing.

I don’t know what the specs are for your chassis for front track or for rear track, you may wanna ask the guys you run with at the track, but it is also different from RR to Sprint. My 2 cents.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication