Home Forums General Karting Discussion Sprint or Road-racing in Tennessee

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Brubaker 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dan Brubaker
    Participant

I will be moving from N Florida to Central Tennessee within the next year and am looking for sprint or RR courses without much luck.  I run Shifter and my wife runs single-speed IAME.  Anyone recommend tracks in this state that are not dirt or oval?  Thx

David Cole
    Keymaster

Check out the http://ampedupracingseries.com/

Also, New Castle Motorsports Park is about 5 hours from Nashville.

Road Racing, check out the Championship Enduro Series and http://www.kart.org

Also the WKA National Road Racing Series or Woodbridge Kart Club.

David Cole - eKartingNews.com Managing Editor -
    @DavidColeEKN

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  David Cole.

Brian Katz
    Participant

Amped up racing series based in Nashville races mainly LO206, I think they have a shifter class, not sure what turn out is like in either class but I don’t think they run TAG.

Check out Atlanta Motorsports Park in Dawsonville, GA. It’s about 2 hrs drive from me in Chattanooga, short enough to make a day trip. I started racing there last winter. Great track, races once a month, good TAG fields and shifters most events. There is a facebook group and they guys are pretty good about letting the group know ahead of time if there will be enough shifters to make a race.

Welcome to Tennessee!

Dan Brubaker
    Participant

Thx guys…I was getting worried that I would be forced to long hours of towing  to relieve those go-fast demons that haunt me!!  Kinda strange seeing shifter group as the only 2-stroke class among the LO206s in the amped up series!!  Looks like New Castle would be ~6 hour tow…Atlanta Motorsports Park is 4 hour.  I’m currently towing 3 hours from Destin FL to Monticello FL so another hour is not too bad.  Thx again for the help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication