Home Forums Road Racing Track Day Talk

This topic contains 112 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Lawson 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 113 total)
  • Author

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Larry started on me weeks ago to get this going so here it is!

The 2016 date is Saturday April 9th.

If anyone is interested leave a note here, I’ll start a list. When things pick up we’ll get into details. We will have the smoked Brisket with fixin’s for lunch!!

Its early on yet but I’m sure we have at least 10 already just in local regulars and friends.

Happy NY y’all

alan brasher
    Participant

…call us robert,.. the brashers

Bruce Peck
    Participant

Robert, I’m in for for one kart.  Potential for a 2nd kart, but definitely one.

Robert Lawson
    Participant

I got some e-mail last night too.

We will need a full field this time, I won’t get a “deal” like October again!

I’m sure Paul will bring young Max out again so it would be cool to get at least a couple more Jr’s out there for him to play with. Start asking your karting friends with kids to give this a try!!!! We need to get the kids involved.

RPM

Eric Chappell
    Participant

Great work Robert!

Mark me down for 3 CIK125’s…I’ll let you know if I recruit any additional drivers.

-Eric

Ryan
    Participant

Put me down for 2 cik125 shifters  maybe more . I will spread the word. Let me know the details.

Ryan Riggs

Gregory Stamm
    Participant

Robert,  Put me down for one spot.  Thanks, Greg Stamm

Ted Steffke
    Participant

Robert, please count me in. and i will check with the barth gang to see if they want in.  Thanks, Ted Steffke,  cik shifter

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Ted, Greg, Ryan, and of course my bro Eric….thanks guys for responding!

I’m going to start looking for a sprinter to put a Predator on just for the day. Cherri and I have more than enough nephews that may be interested in turning laps with young Maximus!

Guys, think about doing the same. If you or a karting friend have a chassis sitting around consider doing the same and help in getting a youngster started.

The Predator is cheap, in stock form it will be super safe (slow) for a new young person. I understand for competition they require rods, flywheels, cranks, etc but that is in an unrestricted form. They won’t be able to keep up with Max but it will still be a fun ride for them. Just a thought….

More to come,

RPM

* Bruce & Alan…..I didn’t forget ya, Thanks guys!!!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Robert Lawson.

Todd Stoffer
    Participant

Put me down for a spot – CIK125. I promise I’ll have my kart running BEFORE I make the trip this year…

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Todd, Happy NY!!!!

Yes, get her running proper first. 🙂

Cool thing is, there was plenty of guys offering parts and help! That never gets old and is probably why I’m still involved.

This time the food alone will be worth the trip!!!!

Let me know if I can help with anything.

RPM

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Forgot to mention this last night…..

For folks that shop groceries at Kroger stores you know about the “fuel points” program they offer. Long story short, we paid .45 per gallon last night! I took pics of the price at the pump and have been texting it to all my pals out there!!!!! 🙂

Our world has been experiencing some extreme changes, its difficult not to see that. Unfortunately, it may not be for the better. Everyone wants cheap gas but it is going to come at cost…..keep yer eyes open folks!!!

God Bless!!

RPM

Mark Zemnickas
    Participant

Hi Robert,

Pencil me in too. I should have the new TAG kart put together soon.

Thanks!

Mark Zemnickas

Robert Lawson
    Participant

We have a really good list going at the moment. I know I’ll hear back from some more of the local guys too.

I’ll get details and cost out to you in another week or so.

Jerry Revely
    Participant

I will be there.

Robert Lawson
    Participant

I will be there.

I love it when the Family pulls together! 🙂

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Hey Y’all,

Spoke with Sam this afternoon and hashed things out for April. As of today there is just a dusting (1″-1.5″) of snow out there which is always a good sign. Its early yet, I know, but this has been an extremely mild Winter here in southern lower Michigan so we’ll take it as a positive pattern! The forcast is calling for 50’s with rain over there this weekend much like here in the Detroit burbs. I must say, we have barely had to lift a shovel here this Winter! I for one am NOT complaining!!!

So, I’ll get a details package together here soon and start collecting payment for entry near the 1st of March.

Warm up the shop, start ordering parts, and look back here soon. It will be April before you know it!

More soon,

RPM

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Robert Lawson.

Bruce Peck
    Participant

I’ve been working on mine.  It was 70 in Indy this past Saturday.  Keep hoping . . .

Robert Lawson
    Participant

I didn’t have much to do but I too have been getting things in shape!

Actually took the Bike out a few times the past couple weekends. Just to gas the heck out of something felt really good!!!

I do have the info everyone has been waiting for. It will be up shortly…..its 5am and I need coffee and time for my eyes to focus!!!!

More very soon!

RPM

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Ok, here you go….

Per usual our Test day is on a Saturday, April 9th, and our make up date is the following day on Sunday the 10th. This only applies if we call off before the EMT rolls out to the track (aprox. 7am) If infact it rains all weekend we would then be resceduled for a date TBD.

*There is NO race fuel available at the track in April.*

*Community air line should be available at maintenance shed on east end of garages*

You can arrive on Friday and camp (no charge) or drop off and hit a hotel.

Garages are available (no charge), each has electrical and compressed air. You will need to bring your own hose and air tools for use in a garage.

A MyCron timing/data beacon is provided. (drivers right)

Weather permitting we should have a green track (no pun intended) at 9am.

We will break for lunch at 12 noon or 12:30. Lunch is provided for EMT’s, Marshalls, and all Drivers & Crew in the MX garage. As mentioned, we will have a freshly smoked brisket with all the fixings and drinks.

We conclude for the day, on track, at 5pm. No rush to pack/leave.

Everyone will be pitted in the upper paddock. This makes track condition (green/red) communication easier. Drivers will enter the circuit at the jump on the back side of the course via lower paddock access roads and under direction of a Marshall. Drivers will exit the circuit at T12/main straight, standard pit lane entrance, and continue through upper paddock to individual pit location.

* There will be NO use of the full pit lane or entrance to the circuit at the pit exit on the main straight!*

At the end of the day I always try to get a rolling start mock race going just for fun. The purpose of this day is not competition but testing & tuning. Many will be doing just that….testing…. so please be aware that “race pace” is not always observed.

There are a few new guys coming out so we will have a Driver meeting to discuss all the procedures/flags/etc. before getting started.
    Johnny West mentioned he may just bring his GSXR 600 kart and the Thunder Roadster race car and turn some laps in each of them! Should be interesting.

The cost per Driver is $175 and must be paid in advance!

Send/make check or money order to:

Robert Lawson

17731 Ivanhoe St.

Roseville, MI. 48066

Please include kart package/classification

Thanks Y’all, I’ll bring you more as it comes.

RPM

ardy Sadeghi
    Participant

Robert Lawson

“Ok, here you go….   Johnny West mentioned he may just bring his …. Thunder Roadster”

Nice going Robert, as always ..   so are you suggesting the TR will get a few laps here and there??    🙂

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Ardy,

JW asked if he could turn a few laps to shake it down, we didn’t get into detail about it but he will not be running it regularly all day. The 600 on the other hand IS a kart so it will run with the rest of us.

I would be interested in doing combined track days with other formulas but not this April. That would require more input and I assume a more involved Insurance policy. I will speak to the management about this, last October I invited bikes from the USGPRU after getting approval from Sam. None of them wanted to come out in the cold to play……fair weather fans, ya know!!!

Very nice to hear from you, maybe we’ll see you in April??? 🙂

RPM

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Robert Lawson.

Bruce Peck
    Participant

Check’s in the mail . . .

Now let’s get to working on some warm weather for that weekend.  David Cole isn’t far away.  Maybe we can get him to come out and do a sunshine dance for us.  😉

alan brasher
    Participant

robert, dosent look good for us this time…work issues…  the brashers

ardy Sadeghi
    Participant

Robert,

sounds good..    Ian is getting his project completed and plans on testing in April, will try and head up,  would be great to see you guys.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication