Home Forums Tech Talk Spec'ing a brake system

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Greg Wright 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jeremy Corkran
    Participant

A have an older Crg with a Honda 390 on it and the old mojo brake system is giving me headaches. Can someone give me an easy rundown on how to spec a new single brake system?

Greg Wright
    Participant

I must be thick, I don’t understand your question.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Jeremy Corkran
    Participant

I started looking at options for single brake kits, but I have no idea how interchangeable brakes are on karts. I also saw one company list two different bore sizes (1 and 1 1/8). So I’m not really sure if I just have to buy new CRG parts or if I can buy an “upgraded” brake system.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

You have to consider rotor width and also your caliper and MC mounting points. Sometimes you need to get a bracket that mounts on your bearing cassette or maybe drift a few holes.

I like the MCP systems, they are a good price, don’t change every year and are available everywhere.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Jeremy Corkran
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Walt. The MCP brakes look like they have some nice features.

Greg Wright
    Participant

MCP brakes are among the best around and they are affordable and long lasting.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication