Home Forums General Karting Discussion so my arai sk-6 just showed up… idk … sizing issue?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TJ Koyen 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gerard krempasky

First Arai I have owned.    My size large shoei seems a decent amount larger.    That helmet does lift up at high speeds though.     Do arai’s tend to be on the small side because this sucker is a snug fit.   I am wondering if perhaps its too small.    I measured my head up before I ordered and i’m right on the money for a size large.   23.5 inches my head measures.

Those who own these sk-6’s whats your thoughts?    Do they break in some and fit a little better or think I should just get a larger size?   The helmet doesn’t move around much at all which is good and I can feel the inner layer contacting my head at every point like its sculpted to it but the forehead area seems pretty tight.      Cheek pads as well.     I’m torn because I just dropped $700 on a helmet and I don’t want it to always be a nuisance from too snug of a fit.

I take it off and i’m sittin here moving my jaw around and flexing my forehead muscles cuz it still feels snug after its off my head lol

-update.   took the cheek pads out.   wearing it for a bit.    feels pretty snug in forehead area some pressure on the top of my head in the center and some pressure in the back in the center.

-update number 2.   ordered a size xl.     no sense always wondering if that would be a better fit.   i’ll compare the two and return whichever I don’t like.

still would love to hear other drivers opinions though.

Adrian Baran

It’ll break in a bit and conform to your  head at least  mine feels that way after wearing it for a while (also an SK-6 owner). If the helmet is causing you discomfort after wearing it around for a longer period say half an hour then you probably need a bigger size although maybe someone else can chime in especially those that have more experience.

gerard krempasky

victor at gphelmets told me some of his pro drivers actually put on the new helmet and watch and entire movie to get a good idea on fit and help break it in.

I wear a 7 1/4 baseball hat and I use a Medium GP-5 helmet. They do fit more snug then most helmets, but once they form to your head, you will love it.
    I have a friend who wears a medium, but he went with a size up cheek pads, because they are smaller. The helmet was too tight around his cheeks.
    I hope this helps.

TJ Koyen

My SK6 was very snug at first too but after about a day wearing it, it broke it and fit like a glove.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.