Home Forums Tech Talk Sniper Pills

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Brown 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rick Brown
    Participant

I have an 04 CRG Kali it has 8mm kingpins with the 8 hole pills (top and bottom) what do I have to do to put the Sniper pills on it? do I need 2 sets or can I use what I have on the bottom in the neutral position?

Mike Bray
    Participant

I just installed these on an Arrow X1 and they are great.  It’s your choice as to whether you install on the top only or both top & bottom.  Most are only on the top.  Things to know, the hole in the chassis yoke has to be 22mm, I had to buy a reamer and open them up, at least on my 10mm kingpin ones.  You have to drill & tap 2 M4 holes for each adjuster base to bolt it to the frame.  And my kingpins were too short with the Sniper units installed and I had to buy shoulder bolts and drill them for a cotter pin.

After all that though I love them, very quick and easy to adjust.  With my Sniper lasers I set the toe and camber in about 5 minutes from scratch.

Rick Brown
    Participant

Thanks Mike! What are you using on the bottom? Did you buy a centered pill or are you using an adjustable one?

Mike Bray
    Participant

Just a centered pill on the bottom, I don’t need too much adjustability.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

Make sure the yoke  (part where snipers attach) is wide enough to mount the snipers some are not.

I like them I have them on top only and get more than enough range of adjustment.

Brian

Rick Brown
    Participant

Thanks Brian!

From what I’ve read the snipers for 8mm kingpin need a 22mm hole for the pill. Anyone know if that’s correct?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication