Home Forums General Karting Discussion Sniper Grid

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Evan Fraser 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

David Carrier
    Participant

Does anyone know the size of the squares on the Sniper V2 grid or able to measure them on their set?  Working on some math and curious as to what the sizes are..  Thanks!

TJ Koyen

Each line is 2mm. So the dots in the middle of the boxes represent 1mm.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

David Carrier
    Participant

Thanks TJ.  However, I am looking for the actual size of the boxes, not what the boxes represent.  If you measure the box, it’s not actually 2mm on each side.  The 2mm is only true as far as the measurement due to the distance between the snipers.

Evan Fraser
    Participant

TJ:

It strikes me that the 2mm per box rule wouldn’t really hold though as the deflection of the laser would be greater or lower depending on how far apart the lasers are.  Like sticking it on the end of a spindle would make it appear to have more toe than if the laser were placed on the inside of the spindle.  Or different types of spindle!

I guess what I’m wondering, if it’s 2mm per box where are the lasers located?

Evan Fraser

#43 - Formula K FK01 / Briggs LO206

West Coast Kart Club

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

Evan, you’re correct that it isn’t an exact 2 mm measurement.  But it’s close enough that any difference will not be extremely meaningful.  Your best bet to provide the most precision is to take the measurements consistently at the longest distance possible (outside end of the spindle).

When the odds are that your wheels may not be “exactly” straight ahead, when the tie rod sees a tiny bit of adjustment when the ends are tightened down, when the kart flexes on the ground, etc.  All of these things make having an exact measurement next to impossible.

Evan Fraser
    Participant

Excellent point.  Thanks.

Evan Fraser

#43 - Formula K FK01 / Briggs LO206

West Coast Kart Club

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.