Home Forums Tech Talk Sniper adjusters info

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Brown 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dan Brown
    Participant

I am thinking about installing a set of Sniper Caster/Camber adjusters on my 2008 CRG Kali with 8mm kingpins. I have been unable to find the dimensions of the sniper base plate, I want to make sure spindle yoke is large enough for them to fit properly. If anyone has the dimensions of them, That would be great. Looking for overall outside diameter, center to center of mounting screw holes and diameter of hole needed in the yoke ( I believe that is 22mm). These will be for a set of 8mm kingpins. Thanks.

Dan Brown

Nik Goodfellow
    Participant

22mm hole in the yoke.

The two M4 screws are 31mm P.C.D from the centre of the 22mm hole.

The OD is 40mm.

I vaguely remember testing them in 2008 0r 09 before CRG made them standard and I don’t think there was a problem fitting them, except the M4 mounting holes where 90 degree off, i.e side to side rather than front and back.
    Remember you’ll need a longer kingpin bolt too.

Nik Goodfellow
    Participant

Oh and make sure your height adjustment spacers won’t just fall through the 22mm hole.

Dan Brown
    Participant

Thanks for the info Nik. When you say the M4 mounting holes were 90 degrees off, do you mean the ones you mounted were drilled different or did you turn the base plate 90 deg. and mount it? If you turned it that would make the camber move on the serrated teeth and the caster adjust by the grub screws. I would think that would work fine as my ikart uses grub screws to adjust both ways without an issue.

Dan

Nik Goodfellow
    Participant

It technically works, but camber is much easier to measure then caster. So generally speaking “people” prefer an incremental increase and decrease of caster and camber they can adjust “infinitely” while looking at lasers.

But yes, what I meant was you had to turn the base plate 90 degrees.

Dan Brown
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication