Home Forums Road Racing SMC Axle Clutch parts

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas Fehring 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Thomas Fehring
    Participant

Structure Mechanics Corporation has officially ceased production of axle clutches and parts.

There are no more new clutches left but there are some bits and pieces. If you need spares for Daytona, call soon. When they’re gone, they’re gone forever!

Thomas Fehring P.E.
    513-598-1600

Dave Armstrong
    Participant

I understand the financial side of this but I’m sorry to them go.  Another nail in the Road Racing coffin.

Steven Novikoff
    Participant

Wow sorry to hear this.  I have three of the sprint clutches.  They are pretty bullet proof.

Mike Peters
    Participant

I got the last primary weights but I’m still trying to find a left link.

If anyone has an extra one or 2 I sure could use them.

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Mike I’ve got about 15 of the left side clips. I’ll bring you what you want to Daytona! 😉

alan brasher
    Participant

…wow, been runnin smc long time axle, have three. on 2 karts..been road racing long time, see alot of these clutches..have a few spare parts…another nail in coffin for us road racers,  another reason to quit karting, will sell complete karts race ready dirt  cheap

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

Ace, I’d like to get 4 of the left links from you if I could.

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Brian I’ve got all but 4 promised and I better hold on to them since they were hard to locate.

Sorry but if I find any more i’ll let you know!

alan brasher
    Participant

anyone have speed colllar, lock links out there ? r/h or l/h will do..

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  alan brasher.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  alan brasher.

Greg Wright
    Participant

I have a new speed collar on hand and maybe a used one as well.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Mark Horne
    Participant

I heard a rumor that the SMC Axle clutch business was sold. Not sure to who, if this is accurate or wishful thinking.

Anyone know for sure?

Thomas Fehring
    Participant

SMC is in the process of building 300 new axle clutch discs. I estimate that they will be available to racers in approximately 30 days. When they are ready, they will be listed on the SMC online store. http://www.kartclutches.com/store/

Other axle clutch parts might be manufactured if there is sufficient demand. Please email requests to tcf@fuse.net and type “axle clutches” on the subject line.

Also, John Scavuzzo has a large supply of links. Perhaps someone can supply his contact information.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication