Home Forums General Karting Discussion SKUSA SpringNationals 2016 location? any news?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Stacey Cook 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Alan Michel
    Participant

does anybody know what the plans are for SpringNats ?      Tom pretty much confirmed  New Castle IN again for summernats…  but what about the SpringNats location?

thanks.

us the California PKC schedule set?  I don’t see it on the skusa website yet, but heard it was shown at the banquet.

Joe Johnson
    Participant

How about Wildhorse pass west track? Or maybe a temporary track on Bonderants property?

Xander Clements
    Participant

Don’t know if you’ve already checked the SKUSA website since they just recently posted their schedule without announcing through a press release, so I linked the event calendar below. Same tracks as 2015, similar weekends.

http://www.superkartsusa.com/national/skusa-pro-tour/event-calendar.html

Alan Michel
    Participant

yeah,  saw it was updated a day or 2 after my post.    Phoenix works for me 😉 !

Stacey Cook
    Participant

They are running Stock Honda at the COTA this year great way to stay in shape and get ready for 2016. Phoenix in February could be a great turnout and test weekend.

Renzo Gasch
    Participant

I don’t know how you guys think about European drivers on the Supernats – but putting the Vegas race on the same date than the World Champs in Bahrain for sure doesn’t make it so easy for some of the factory teams… And – just to remind you – you have a World Champion… Nobody take care???

Rod Clinard
    Participant

Stacey, Where can I get more info on running my stock honda at COTA?

David Cole
    Keymaster

I don’t know how you guys think about European drivers on the Supernats – but putting the Vegas race on the same date than the World Champs in Bahrain for sure doesn’t make it so easy for some of the factory teams… And – just to remind you – you have a World Champion… Nobody take care???

You can thank CIK-FIA as the SuperNationals is always scheduled the weekend before USA Thanksgiving weekend. CIK-FIA has continued to move their world championship event around. This year it was in September, now they move it to November. No consistency.

David Cole - eKartingNews.com Managing Editor -
    @DavidColeEKN

Stacey Cook
    Participant

Hi Rod,

Go to http://www.rotaxchallenge.com and all the info is there. I think it is a great decision for Andy to add Stock moto for the winter tour. Lot’s of shifter guys on the west coast that want to race during the winter months. See you there.

Renzo Gasch
    Participant

David, the CIK races out of Europe are always late in the season because of the problems to send the material over to Middle East, it was the same two years ago… It’s just a bit confusing for “European thinking” – for us the World/Euro-champs are number one and everything else has to step back, but I forgot you think a bit different…

Alan Michel
    Participant

any changes to the engine that would be allowed or required  for COTA in comparison to  S1/S2 classes at SKUSA ?      I’ve only raced skusa events in the past, but considering first 2 COTA races will be less than 2 hours away from my home, I’ll definitely think about it.

Alan Michel
    Participant

any changes to the engine that would be allowed or required for COTA in comparison to S1/S2 classes at SKUSA ? I’ve only raced skusa events in the past, but considering first 2 COTA races will be less than 2 hours away from my home, I’ll definitely think about it.

Stacey Cook
    Participant

Hi Alan,

No changes at all. You can run either the RLV R4 pipe or the SKUSA pipe. Only difference is they run the MG Yellow which is the same as the SKUSA White. Sounds like it could a good group of shifter pilots. We will bring a good group in both classes.

Alan Michel
    Participant

good.   Arizona should be adding 5-6 to the group.     See you there!

Stacey Cook
    Participant

Sounds good see you there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication