Home Forums General Karting Discussion Shipping a Kart to Chicago area

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Bray 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

John Lafakis
    Participant

Hi there, new to the forum.  I’m looking to ship a Kart from the NW part of the country, to the Chicago area.  Does anyone know any reputable shippers or have somewhere I can go to look for shipping?  I’ve done an online search but I get a solid number, so far all I found is $400+ to have it shipped.  It seems a bit much, even for a kart, I have shipped full size cars for almost the same price and distance.  I’m currently going on sites like Freight Center for shipping rates.

Thanks for any help.

tony zambos
    Participant

John,

I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. Suggest that you start by contacting these Chicago area kart shops, L.A.D Specialties at http://www.ladspec.com/   or Viking at    http://www.vikingkartingproducts.com/.  Dave Larson had a kart shipping service but could not find a web site.  I can PM you his phone number if you wish to contact him.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

John Lafakis
    Participant

I would appreciate his number if you can get it to me, thank you for the help!!

JL

Alan Michel
    Participant

I used uship.com with great results.

It’s an auction site, like ebay, shippers will bid on your product.

I shipped you for aprox $300,  1500 miles.    Door to door, insured, all in one piece.

good luck

John Lafakis
    Participant

Thank you guys for the help!

tony zambos
    Participant

John, check your PM’s

Richard Kirlin
    Participant

John, I sent u pm.

Jeff Salak
    Participant

tony zambos
    Participant

Thanks Jeff.  I’ll bookmark that address before Dave gets annoyed with me.  When I tried doing a search, all I come up with were the tags that were available from Stapels.

tony zambos
    Participant

John,
    since this topic reoccurs periodically, would you mind sharing the solution that worked for you?

John Lafakis
    Participant

I called the number you gave me for the guy in Antioch (Dave), and he was of great help.  He was able to find me a reasonable rate, around $220 from CA.  I also called Viking and LAD as you recommended and they were  a big help as well.

Thank you for the info!

tony zambos
    Participant

John,
    Thanks for the update.

russ Jolly
    Participant

I had a kart shipped out to illinois by roadrunner. Came fast. I didnt pay for the shipping though so I cant tell u much else. Kart arrived in perfect condition though

Mike Bray
    Participant

I’ve heard more than one person say they used Fastenal and were very pleased with the rates.  https://www.fastenal.com/web/en/22/third-party-logistics-%283pl%29

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication