Home Forums Chassis & Handling shifter chassis Tonykart/intrepid/Crg

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Degulis 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Craig Whitfield
    Participant

Hello.

New to this forum.

Im currently looking to get back into karting. Im from England but have been in the states 2.5 years. After racing motocross for a while and now suffering a bad hand injury im putting my focus into karting. I raced dd2 and senior rotax at a good level.

My question is which chassis to buy and so far im more on the intrepid side but still looking at Tonykart and CRG’s for the stock moto class.

Which kart is cheaper for replacement parts? Intrepid seems very reasonable and good quality.

Im located in houston texas. Intrepid and crg are popular but so are tonykart so im puzzled at the direction to go. Stock moto or icc is the choice of class. Icc seems not to popular here tho?

Any advice would be great. Contacts etc to.

Craig.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Craig

The Intrepid chassis is an excellent choice, but so are many others.

Tony Kart is awesome, and the replacement parts are available anywhere for a decent price

Top kart is also real good and very responsive, will do very well as a front runner, and yes parts are available anywhere for cheap

Kosmic Karts ( OTK ) I noticed in a short period of time they will sag in the middle of frame

Arrow karts are also pretty good, Birel karts are good also, and many other Italian karts

CRG karts are really good, but I have noticed a negative issuethe braking system is extremely expensive ( $600 bucks per rotor? )Also they seem to fatigue at the bearing cassette brackets and crack, or brake off ( a few people re weld them )

The big question is: How much track support and local shops are around your area, and How many people are running them, and of course How much money are you willing to spend?Anyhow, I hope this helps.

Cory-Milne
    Participant

pm sent

Brian Degulis
    Participant

DR J90 made by CRG. It’s identical bolt for bolt to the CRG Road Rebel but priced a good $1000 Less. DR or CRG parts are interchangable. In FL TS racing is the importer.

Brian

Cory-Milne
    Participant

Dr J90 isn’t identical to the CRG, its close and you could probably bolt all the same stuff on it but, it definitely has a little bit different bends in the tubing and different side wall thickness of tubing.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

Possibly older chassis were slightly diffrent but today they are identical in all respects except for color and graphics acording to the manufacturer.

Brian

Brian Fisher
    Participant

Possibly older chassis were slightly diffrent but today they are identical in all respects except for color and graphics acording to the manufacturer. Brian

That information is 100% false.  The J90 has completely different bends, crossbar placement, steering shaft, wheelbase, base caster, bearing hangers, bearing cassettes, seat offset, etc.  Who did you talk to at the DR factory in Italy to gather that false information?

Brian Degulis
    Participant

What DR Factory? They’re manufactured by CRG.

Brian

Joe Johnson
    Participant

Brian,

I have had 3 CRG Road Rebels from 2008 to 2011 models and now have a 2013 DR J90. I can tell  you the only thing that is the same on the two karts is the brakes and the Sniper adjusters. The waist is narrow and the bearing carriers totally different.

Brian Fisher
    Participant

What DR Factory? They’re manufactured by CRG. Brian

I see your having trouble answering the question or perhaps you just missed it…

The DR factory is located in Arce which is about 650 km from the CRG factory.  Many of us who import the chassis have been to both locations and I work next to about 40+ DR karts every day along with a few CRG’s.  I know for a fact the differences between the chassis which I clearly stated.

You are correct in the fact that the price advantage goes to the DR Kart.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

J90 100cc/TAG
    J90 KF2
    J90 Shifter
    M92 Shifter
    M92 TAG
    M92 KF2
    BA1 Cadet
    Hero Cadet
    Kid Kart
    DD2 Xator
    Sport Max
    Sport Max 125

Catalog
    Dealers
    Tech Info
    About Us
    Contact
    Facebook

Danilo Rossi Kart USA logo

ABOUT US

Danilo Rossi, five time world champion of karting and Phil Carlson, three time US National Champion and North American Karting Champion have come together to form DR Racing Kart USA. Danilo Rossi moved from his kart driving career to lead DR Racing Kart, winning two European awards and numerous podium positions. Phil Carlson has moved from his kart driving career to lead Pitts Performance drivers to over fifteen national championships and numerous regional championships in the past three years.

danilo rossiThese two young karting professionals have come together bringing a vigor and passion to karting that no other kart manufacturer or importer can offer. Danilo Rossi, 36 and Phil Carlson, 31 bring young blood and a modern mind set todeveloping and tuning karts for the USA market. With passion and drive, the two aim to stamp their names in karting history by combining their knowledge, hard work and experience in ways unseen before in US karting. They want their knowledge and experience to make yophil carlsonu a race winner.

DR Racing Kart is manufactured in the world renowned CRG Kart factory with the exceptional technology and quality demanded by Danilo Rossi. After decades of experience developing karting products Danilo Rossi has used his knowledge and experience to produce one of the most technologically advanced racing karts ever developed.

Long missing from American kart racing is a manufacturer who has developed a complete line of karts specifically suited to the American racing formula. With Phil Carlson’s knowledge of the US karting market DR Racing Kart has began development on a full line of karts designed to meet the needs and specifications of US karting. DR Racing Kart USA has developed a Kid Kart, 900mm Cadet Kart, and a 950mm Cadet Kart to go along with the current line of chassis’ carried by DR Racing Kart.These additions to form a complete chassis line designed to fulfill the unique needs of each category of USA Karting .

Brian Fisher
    Participant

The above information is pulled from a website that was developed years ago.  Carlson and Pitt’s have parted ways and been out of business for some time now.  Most all of the information is outdated along with the parts catalog.

For any current DR Racing Kart needs, please contact DRT Racing at:

(423) 538-3838 or info@drt-racing.com

Thanks,

Brian Fisher

Brian Degulis
    Participant

I didn’t post that to suggest who’s currently involved. I posted it because it states that DR is Manufactured by CRG. So today where are the frames welded together is it the DR facility you mentioned in Acre or is it the CRG plant?

Brian

Jeff Shadoan
    Participant

I didn’t post that to suggest who’s currently involved. I posted it because it states that DR is Manufactured by CRG. So today where are the frames welded together is it the DR facility you mentioned in Acre or is it the CRG plant? Brian

DR is manufactured by CRG but the chassis design (i.e. bends/angles) are NOT the same as a CRG. CRG manufactures a number of other chassis brands … none of them share the same design as a CRG.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

I finaly got to take a close look at my Crg and DR together and yes the frames are diffrent. Many of the parts are the same but the frames themselves are not.

Brian

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.