Home Forums Chassis & Handling Seat Strut welding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CLIFF BRYANT 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

russ Jolly
    Participant

Got my kart out of storage a while back and noticed that my right seat strut on my 08 monza has snapped completely off.

I was wondering what is the best way of repairing it. I currently have a ROTAX max on it but im dropping that class like a red headed step child. most likely will do a LO206 on it next year.

thanks.

Tim Koyen
    Participant

Welding it back on is the best fix.  You can use Tig or Mig to do it, either will work, as long as the welder knows what he’s doing.  I’ve Mig welded struts a number of times and had no ill affects.

William Martin
    Participant

You could also braze a sleeve around the break.

CLIFF BRYANT
    Participant

If you can’t weld it yourself, I would recommend getting someone to tig weld it. Someone who is good. It does a much better job on the thin wall tubbing that kart chassis are made from. I have often wondered why kart manufacturers don’t use a clamp on seat mount that you could adjust and move/replace. I know they make them. Doesn’t make any sense to me why you Would spend a 150 to 350 on a seat and drill It full of holes. JMO

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.