Home Forums EKN Feedback searching stuff for sale

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Reinhardt 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Brian Spek
    Participant

I see the search button in the top right, but it seems to search the entire site – can I limit my search to a particular forum eg. parts? Thanks.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

That is on the list of things to develop in the near future. Thank you for the note.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

List of things to do????

Couldn’t you just pop a google search window in there and code it to point to where you want?  That would be at least a band-aid till you populate it with a formatted search window….

Sorry to be frank, but quite honestly, 2.0 is not very forum friendly with all the glitches and lack of features that were in 1.0

CR

David Cole
    Keymaster

Chris,

As we have mentioned before, there is a long list of things we are working on for the future of the EKN site. We have a number of projects in the works daily, and there are only so many hours in the day. We appreciate everyone’s suggestions and constructive criticism. Things are not as easy as flipping a switch, as you may think they are. Just like putting on a new part to your kart, we are testing new functions before implementing them to the main site. We are taking step by step procedure rather than just putting it in and ‘seeing’ if it worked. I hope you understand our position.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

David, I appreciate your comments, but it ain’t rocket science here…

I would have thought that prior to the new roll out of EKN 2.0, the team would have looked at the functionality of the old website, line by line BEFORE rolling out a new site, but it is what it is….

Thanks and we would appreciate you guys getting to it….

CR

James McMahon
    Participant

For now you can use google to search within a site, or specific URL, and pray it got indexed.

keyword site:http://ekartingnews.com/forums/forum/classifieds/

For example to search for tonykart, use this in the search box
    tonykart site:http://ekartingnews.com/forums/forum/classifieds/

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Jim, thanks spelling it out….  That’s exactly what I was suggesting EKN to do inside here, it wouldn’t be that difficult for them….

CR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.