Home Forums Road Racing SAD PASSING: David Piatt

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Wilhelm 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Linda Baldus
    Participant

It is with a heavy heart that I must tell everyone that David Piatt passed away March 19th.

David and son David III were long-time Open & A-ltd. racers in IKF, and then later KART MARRS.  When the guys came to the track, they were always accompanied by a large group of Piatts, including Grandpa Piatt up until his passing.  He had four children, sons David III and Stacy, daughters Erin and Jamie.

He was a college wrestler at the University of Oklahoma and had maintained his college physique.  He was also drafted by the New York Yankees in 1968 but involved in a motorcycle accident which ended the possibility of a baseball career.

David had been involved in several successful family businesses over the years.

He had told me that on April 19, 1995 the Lord had been looking out for him when he was a few minutes late for a 9:00 appointment at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in OKC.

Services will be at 1:00 Friday, March 28th at Turner Funeral Home (as of 3/25/14, the location has been moved to the First United Methodist Church) in Hinton, OK and then on to the family farm for services at the family cemetery followed by “a throw-down” with food, beer, wine, etc.

RIP, Dave.

John Crider
    Participant

I can always remember how fast His MiSi Powered Karts were. He was great racer and a great guy. R.I.P. David

Tim Kyser
    Participant

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Piatt family.

Godspeed David

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

David Piatt represented the kind of racer we should all try to be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.