Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing Rotax type 127?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ted Hamilton 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

I’ve acquired 2 of these, nearly complete, good bores by appearance. Were these “common” kart engines at any point? Mine came with a microsprint, but I think I may throw one on a kart to have fun at the local sprint track which has an “open shifter” class, and perhaps WKA long-track events… Anyone help clue me in? Thanks… ~Ted

Joey Guyon
    Participant

It was never that common but used sparingly in Europe and North America in FC. From what I recall the biggest gains we made with the stock engines was by cutting a few rotary valves as from stock they do not have enough duration.

Pipe technology has come a way as well. And you can make gains trying some pipes.

The ignition was very good for it’s era and the case/cylinder design. You may be able to bolt on a new era BRC cylinder for more juice.

Neat cassette style transmission and light design.

Enjoy your engines!

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

Joey, I appreciate your response, but we must be talking about two different engines — mine are reeds?

The engines I have seem to be the same as featured on the 1988 Aprilia Tuareg.

Riley Will
    Participant

Same cylinder as Rotax Max… Turd engines Ted. Sorry to be blunt.

Joey Guyon
    Participant

Corrected by RW thank you, I got excited and pictured the 129…

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

LOL @ Riley — no worries — they were “free” From the specs I read, basically 30hp…. What about throwing a DD2 cylinder on there, or a Polini 154 or whatever it is?

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

They might wake a pocketbike up too….hehe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.