Home Forums Tech Talk Rotax Max drive sproket replacement?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tony zambos 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have an older Rotax Max (old clutch) with a 14T gear on the clutch. I’m looking to replace with an 11T. What do I need to do this?  Do I need a tool to screw in the spark plug hole to stop the piston or can I hold the crank via the starter gear?  Or other means?

Also I read I need to replace the bearing basket with a bushing is that the case and why?  Is that a press in bushing? Any help on the process would be appreciated.

tony zambos

PM me with your email address and I’ll send you the two pages out the manual that you’ll need. Somewhere I have a Rotax piston stop and the fixation tool for the older clutch drum with holes. Both have never been used if you’re interested. I was never in favor using the piston stop tool, as there is a better tool, but the manual does say to use one.
    In addition, you’ll need a deep well socket to remove the nut that holds the gear on. Believe it’s an 1.5 inch and I got mine from Auto Zone. It will help if you have the face of the socket ground down flat to properly engage the nut. A long breaker bar and Loctite are the only other tools needed.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication