Home Forums Rotax Max Rotax Hesitation Issue Help Required Please

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Samir Shah 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Shane Spencer
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I’ve just stumbled across the forum and wondered if any one can shed some light on an hesitation issue I’m having with my kart?
    Problem I’m having is the kart is really holding back and hesitating quite a lot, it seems be before the power valve opens, I’ve fitted these new parts to try to eliminate:
    New Power Valve kit
    Replaced the jet from a 165 to a 152
    New fuel filter
    New fuel pump internals
    New spark plug
    Charged the battery
    I did all these last week and the hesitation is still there, can anyone offer any info to help me out please?

Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Shane Spencer.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Shane Spencer.

tony zambos
    Participant

Welcome to the forum.
    First, check your grounds. Then pull the carb and disassemble it. Take the needle valve out and clean the carb body thoroughly. Don’t get any cleaner on the needle valve. There is an internal fuel filter. Clean it out. Assemble the carb. Check for a float with fuel in it. Check the float heights. Last, be sure that the vent tube access the top of the carb has an opening in it.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Shane Spencer
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the advice, the only thing that I haven’t done on the list is check the grounds and the float chamber heights.

To be honest I’m unsure how to check the heights?

Thanks again.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Shane, check you private messages. Thanks.

David Cole - eKartingNews.com Managing Editor -
    @DavidColeEKN

Shane Spencer
    Participant

Shane, check you private messages. Thanks.

Sorted the name change I think.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Shane Spencer.

tony zambos
    Participant

Use the link below to download the jetting and power valve article by John Savage. John recommends a 3mm float height. That’s a good place to start. I used 4mm but I come from a road race background.
    Note: you can download the article but you won’t be able to print it.

http://www.karting1.co.uk/jetting-karting.htm

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Shane Spencer
    Participant

That’s a great link, thanks for that.

Samir Shah
    Participant

We’ve had an issue with the engine not revving consistently past 13k – Jr Max with EVO. I finally tried using 2 gaskets on the crank pickup. Amazingly, even on the stand, the engine sound changed, and it is now a lot better. We’ve only had 3 laps at the end of the track day with this change, so need to test it some more, but maybe worth trying.

INFORMATION BULLETIN: Dellorto Ignition System -How to Assure Faultless Function

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication