Home Forums Rotax Max Rotax Evo loom recall?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Samir Shah 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Joseph Cote
    Participant

New Zealand press release

I’m stateside, but someone sent me this link about a possible recall on the loom. I’m not sure if it’s just for NZ, or if it’s going global. Has anyone else heard about this?

• This topic was modified 9 months ago by  Joseph Cote.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  Joseph Cote.

Christian Fox
    Participant

Jason Leslie
    Participant

I just received the new harness and bracket from Maxspeed free of charge. If you have already gotten the EVO kit with older harness, contact Sales@gorotax.com, provide engine serial number, and shipping address, and they will send it to you free of charge. I haven’t tested it yet, but the new harness and bracket is much better thought out.

Ambrose Buldo
    Participant

On the advice on someone here, I emailed sales@go-rotax.com and they sent me a form. About a month later they sent me an upgrade to the troublesome upgrade. They had my info in their database, not sure if I would of been contacted, so I am glad I reached out.

Not sure if the new bracket will work on my iKart due to interference issues. Won’t know for sure until I get around to installing it. This entire process has been a bit of a challenge. Took a 1/3 of a season to get the kit to work correctly. At least is does seem to make the motor perform better (At least in high Engine RPM Range). Low to mid end, I think it actually hurts, so the net on the stop watch is marginially positive.

Mike Bruce
    Participant

If possible, go to your local Rotax rep or rebuilder. I took my old harness off and took it to him. He shipped it out and I had my new harness and brackets in 2 days.

Samir Shah
    Participant

Ambrose, the new Evo bracket works on my son’s ikart. I needed to change the seat strut to one bent in 2 places.

Samir.

Ambrose Buldo
    Participant

Thanks Samir –

I am going to run the Old Loom for now. I did not want to change too many things on the Kart in the off season. I’ll switch over at some point.

Rain or shine, I’ll be at OVRP tomorrow for First Pratice Day. Hoping to run F-Series at end of month at NJMP.

Samir Shah
    Participant

We’re going to be at Millville this weekend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication