Home Forums TaG Rotax Max Rotax Drive Sprocket Change

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Allen Dolph 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Allen Dolph
    Participant

I’m a bit new to this and have a question about the drive sprocket change.  I believe I have all the necessary tools (fixation for the starter gear and sprocket), but I’m seeing in the repair manual that they say to use Loctite 648 on the nut.  I’m also seeing that 648 requires  heat to loosen.  Will i need to heat the nut to get it loose?

Thanks,

Allen

tony zambos
    Participant

Allen,

You may not have to correct tools.  I assume you have used the fixation tool for the starter gear to remove the nut that holds the clutch drum on.  Next, place the fixation tool for the sprocket in a vice or fasten it to a heavy work surface.  This where you might not have the correct tool.  The socket to remove the nut that holds the sprocket, believe it was an inch and a half, needs to be modified.  Because the nut is so thin, the rounded opening of the socket needs to be cut flat so it engages the nut completely.  Once you’ve done that and use a breaker bar, you should have no problem removing the nut without heat.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Allen Dolph
    Participant

Thanks Tony, I do have the socket, but I have not flattened it. I’ll make sure to do that before trying.

Thanks again,

Allen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication