Home Forums Rotax Max Rotax Carb Legal internal jets etc

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Clark 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Brian Spek
    Participant

For 2014 can anyone clarify what is/is not legal.  I know the 8.5 venturi with the K98 needle is now required, along with a pairing of 3.6 or 5.2 floats.  My question has to do with the “inside jets” – see the picture under “carburetor race preparation”: http://www.karting.co.uk/kandk/tech/prepjettingrotaxcarb.html

In the Rotax 2014 tech doc, I did not see anything called a “choke jet” which is noted in the picture.  There are options for  30 and 60 I believe, can we use either in 2014?

Also for the other 2 small items – idle jet, and idle jet emulsion tube – can we use any numbers and any combination?

Thanks.

Mike Clark
    Participant

Brian,

I think choke jet = start jet. I see 60 as the only option.

Idle jets stamped 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60 only are legal to be used. It is not mandatory that idle jet and idle emulsion tube show the same size.

Idle emulsion tube stamped 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60 are legal to be used.
    It is not mandatory that idle emulsion tube and idle jet show the same size.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.