Home Forums Rotax Max Rotax carb float broke…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tony zambos 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joe Morales
    Participant

http://www.fastech-racing.com/dellorto-vhsh-vhsb-float-arm-10544.html
    On top is a link to a picture  Dellorto VHSH / VHSB Float Arm. Im going to try to be very specific. The part of the float arm that is sticking strait up, it broke off trying to adjust the float level. the two arm that sit on the two floats are good. the arm that sits on the needle is good. So im wondering is it ok that its broke can i run it with out it? thank you

Bub Hudson
    Participant

It will not work properly! Buy a new one.

tony zambos
    Participant

Follow Bub’s advice and buy a new one, plus a spare. You shouldn’t have been bending that tab to adjust the float heights. Never bend the arms. The tab that’s 90 degrees to the tab you broke off is the one you want to bend slightly. That is the tab that rest on the needle valve.

Joe Morales
    Participant

Correct tony my fat finger accidently pressed it and it broke off. To me I was thinking that that tab just didnt do anything and I was hopeing I can get away with it.

tony zambos
    Participant

Joe,
    You might have gotten away with not having it. A new float arm was your best option unless you were at the track, couldn’t find a spare and you needed to get on the track. Depending where you race, the tech guy could have DQ’d you for having a modified part in the carb. If you can, purchase or borrow the new float arm Go/No Go tech tool to be sure your float arms are legal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.