Home Forums Road Racing Roebling Motels or Track Camping?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jay Ellis 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tim Landon
    Participant

Camping at the track?  Motel suggestions?  Thanks.

Lee Curtis
    Participant

Camping isn’t bad, they have power hookups, and shower houses… We tent it for this event…

Tim Landon
    Participant

Thanks for the info Lee.

Mike Peters
    Participant

If the choice is camp or cheap hotel at track exit, go with camping. You really don’t want to stay at the hotels near the exit for the track unless you have reeeeeeeally good insurance & a concealed carry permit. The other hotels are ok near Gateway or the airport but they are pricey for that weekend

Quincy Smith
    Participant

Camp, it’s a very nice place and the shower house is about the best I’ve seen!

Tim Landon
    Participant

I have a carry permit. Never leave the house without it!   And have no qualms about purging the gene pool, if you know what I mean.  It’s really a shame you can’t travel in this country anymore with anything of value without having to worry about getting ripped off.  And don’t feel safe without packing heat.  Back in the day we would transport our karts in an open trailer and never have to worry about theft.  This country is going down the shitter, fast.

Allan Dawson
    Participant

Motel 6 in Pooler available for less than $60/night. Or, ust booked the Ramada Pooler/Bloomingdale for $84/night…not bad if sharing room. Would not recommend Microtel in Pooler, not a good experience in past.

Jay Ellis
    Participant

Hi Allan, AJ and I are staying at the Residence Inn in Pooler. Free breakfast and I’m paying with my Marriott Points, what’s not to like! See you there!

Jay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication