Home Forums Road Racing ROAD RACING RETURNS TO NEW ENGLAND

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Krueger 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Eric Stockford
    Participant

Road Racing is returning to New Hampshire next weekend. New Track same great club, New Hampshire Kart Association, NHKA.

Canaan Motor Club is the track. Check it out. Great time to come check out the track before a future National????

Looks to be a very strong turnout.

KartMania! July 8-9 at Canaan Motor Club On the Full Course – NHKA Road Racing is Back!!!

hope to see you there,

Eric

John Mulvihill
    Participant

Great weekend except for the weather.  Lots of effort went into the weekend.  Ever been to a Brazilian cookout?    Nom Nom Nom………….  And, of course, Lefty’s Brewing had Pilsner and Coffee Stout.  YUM.  Didn’t get any of the coffee stout though……  Sigh  (Lefty, please save me a growler!!!!!!!!!)

The track is tight with lots of late apex corners.  Bring vitamins and your muscle relaxer of choice.<LOL>

It felt like the old days at Bryar when it was a much more friendly and sociable event than all of the current events.  Great time, even with the weather issues.  Perfect for any single engine kart.  125’s could show what they were made of…..  Duals and 250’s might have an issue unless they pucker up……  They’d probably sound like old Can Am cars

Now I need to drag out one of my old laydowns and rebuild the motors.  Need a new helmet and a Mychron 5.

Oh,,,,  great lunches were available at the track.  Much appreciation to those gals putting them together.  Very tasty…. And, there were two breakfast places on the way to the track (Mickey’s was one).  Seven Barrel Brewing (Beer and food) was in Lebanon (excellent stout and IPA) and great food.

When is the next one?????????

John

When is the next one????????

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Nice to hear you guys are up and running again at a new facility.  Does anyone have any on board videos they’d like to share.

Clark Gaynor Sr.

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Yeah that was a fun weekend. It suck’s we have absolutely no road racing up here. From my house (New Hampshire) the closest road courses are Mid Ohio and Summit Point lol. 11 hours and 9 hours respectively.

I caught wind the NHKA are going to try to organize another sort of event like that. Its difficult because of how tiny our volunteer and worker base is but yeah Its safe to say we can expect another full course thing next year for 2017. Other than that, it is literally tumbleweeds in terms of full course up here yet. Its pretty depressing lol! atleast we do have a fantastic short track series with the NHKA.

NHKA member, yamaha pipe sr

Ian Krueger
    Participant

as a future note:

twins would probably suffer here I will say, we were geared around a 6.5:1 ratio, But it is very easy on the clutches which is nice, and we were hitting 90MPH without bodies or any aero at all on the backstretch. and most of us have toast and beaten engines 😛

Just make sure you have newish belts, there is a couple tight corners that might stress the belts a bit more than bigger courses. I was running a 219 chain and an old DXL and survived the first day before we got microbursted resulting in game over for saturday.

So if you want a smooth and technical course but dont want to sit at 14,500 rpms the entire time, this is the track for you. I wanna say it was around 1:30 lap times.

Also the track was literally built last year, and they are planning on adding a bunch of facilities and electricity soon. So just be patient as we might have to rough-it again this year!

Leave a post if you have any other questions about the track, ive raced it quite a bit.

Eric Stockford
    Participant

I heard a rumor at MIS that WKC is going back to the New Jersey Motorsports complex next year. That track is only about 6 hour away…………..good track just tons of fly’s last time we went.

Eric

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Unfortunately the WKC will NOT be going back to NJMP in 2017.  The facility is just too costly for the anticipated number of entries.  There is no way an organization should take an event with little hope of breaking even.

Sorry for the bad news,

Clark Gaynor Sr.

WKC Board Member.

Ian Krueger
    Participant

yup i think thats why they dont do NHIS races anymore either, just way too much money since the track has been NASCAR-ized

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication