Home Forums General Karting Discussion RIP Charlie Cressi

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Julio Holguin 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Just heard that Charlie Cressi passed away yesterday. He and Joan were tireless workers for karting in their day. When Mike (Baldus) was on the IKF Board, they had to elect Charlie to the position of President every few terms so he could straighten out the accounting. Quite a guy!

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Sad News.. Remember them both . Made you feel welcome when you came to race the Turkey Derby at Westhampton.

lynn haddock
    Participant

Karting has lost a true friend — Charlie loved karting as much as anyone I ever knew — Godspeed my friend

Rhonda Mims-Brown
    Participant

Charlie and his whole family was devoted to the sport of karting and the jobs they served were time consuming, frustrating, difficult but rewarding to so many. I believe he served on the IKF board for 12 years, 6 as President. His wife Joan and son Doug also served on the IKF board and they were heavily involved in the Long Island Karting Association that one (if not) the first East Coast groups to go IKF in the late ’70’s, early 80’s. . He had  such a friendly nature and was a very funny man who always had a joke or story to tell. His devotion to our sport will always be appreciated by me and many others and he will certainly be missed.

RIP Charlie, you were a good man to have on our side and I enjoyed knowing you. My sincere condolences go out to Joan, Doug and all of his family and close friends.

David Moffitt
    Participant

Charlie and his family were such unselfish contributors to the sport.

While I only really knew him from the few IKF board meetings I attended, I will always remember his great personality and the “banter” between Charlie and Joan at the 1993 IKF Sprint Grandnationals at Batavia.  It was almost more entertaining than the race!

Thanks, Linda, for letting us know the sad news.  Our sport has indeed lost one of its best.

Julio Holguin
    Participant

My condolences to Charlie’s family and friends. I spent such great times with this man on the track. He taught me so many things and was always willing to lend me a hand. RIP Charlie! I know you will rock the track up there in the heavenly skies buddy! You were one in a million and you will be missed.

Julio Holguin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication