Home Forums Chassis & Handling Ricciardo Kart chassis protectors

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tim Koyen 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Hi, guys

I have 2, 2015  Ricciardo Karts, and I’m trying to install new chassis protectors, but I noticed the ones that fit OTK karts don’t fit very well on this Ricciardo chassis, as the tabs are slightly different, this usually is a very simple task for me, as I am a certified mechanic by trade, but these parts are a bit different and making modifications just don’t seem right for this application.

Can anyone tell me what works good on Ricciado or Birel ART Karts?

Also last question for the day. Can a small fuel tank from a cadet kart fit as a direct fit on a full size Ricciardo/Birel Kart? Thank you in advance. Freddy.

Mark Traylor
    Participant

I use the thin stamped steel ones like the ones sold by MRC and PKT.  They bolt to the floor pan and not the chassis tabs.  That way you don’t bend chassis tabs, stiffen anything and they have more ground clearance and don’t bottom out as easily.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Mark, thank you for your input

Are you talking about these?

http://www.fastech-racing.com/stainless-steel-chassis-frame-protector-set.html

Mark Traylor
    Participant

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Thank you very much

I will consider those.

Mark Traylor
    Participant

MRC makes one quite similar

Tim Koyen
    Participant

The plastic ones that we make are easy to re-drill to fit most any application, and the work well.

http://www.kartlift.com/e-store/index.php?route=product/product&path=13&product_id=61

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication