Home Forums General Karting Discussion Ribtect dead?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tony zambos 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Evan Fraser
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m looking for a good rib vest as it’s cheaper than getting myself fixed up after each race and feels way better.  I was looking for Ribtect but their website seems to be dead.  Is Ribtect dead?

So I’m thinking an Armadillo vest.  Does anyone recommend any other rib vests?

Thanks!

Evan Fraser

#43 - Formula K FK01 / Briggs LO206

West Coast Kart Club

Hans Mattes
    Participant

I bought an Armadillo vest.  Nice vest, well made.  But bulky and, with the breastplate, too hot.  So I got an AlpineStars.  A lot less “vest for the money,” but more comfortable as I don’t get overheated as easily.  And that’s a safety feature.

tony zambos
    Participant

Certainly looks as if Ribtech did not renew its domain name. Call a large retailer like Comet Kart Sales (317-462-3413) for info on Ribtech info. My son tried a Tillett rib protector over the weekend. Worked good. https://www.tillett.co.uk/ribtec-rib-protectors.asp

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Robby Mott
    Participant

Hello Evan,  NO…….Ribtect is not dead……It is alive and well.

Not sure what is going on with our site…..but will get it up and going right away.

Yes, please contact a retailer like Comet…..or Accleration Karting…..or Fastech Racing……all Ribtect Dealers

Or you can give me a call at 310-487-8938

Robby Mott

Ribtect

Patrick Roth
    Participant

Evan, I recommend the Ribtect 4 vest as it’s well priced, very durable, and the buckles make it easy to get the fit you want and hold it securely.  I’ve been using Ribtect vests for the last 5 years (tried another brand before and it failed within a few months) and the reason I’ve never changed is it simply works well.

Robby Mott
    Participant

Hello,  our site is back up and running again!

http://www.ribtect.com

TJ Koyen
    Participant

I always recommend the Bengio Bumper as my rib vest of choice. I went through several rib vests over the past 3 years, as I battled separated and cracked ribs at almost every race. I tried several vests, several types of padding, modifying the vests to fit and pad better, different seats, different driving posture… Nothing really helped. I kid you not when I say I put the Bengio on in the middle of a weekend it literally made the pain disappear. I could barely breathe without wincing in the kart and once I put that vest on I had zero issues for the rest of the season and was able to put the factory seat back in. I don’t know what it is about that vest, but it solved all my problems and I’ve been pain free for over a season now. Which is saying a lot because my ribs are now weaker than they were before I hurt them, since I’ve built up so much scar tissue in them.

I have no vested interests in Bengio, I don’t even know where to buy one, but I know have bad it is to have a rib injury and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy, so any time this topic comes up I always pass on what I think is the best product. I got mine on ebay but had to ship it from overseas. I believe there is an American distributor but I don’t know the name.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

Evan Fraser
    Participant

I have no vested interests

Well played sir!

Robby, thank you, glad you’re not dead.

I kind of wanted to go with the Ribtect but was somewhat thwarted by the website being down, and being Canadian my dealer options are limited.  I’ll look into the Bengio as well TJ, thanks.  Regardless I’m spending more on chiropractors than I could spend on a good vest, as my original Tillett Ribtec just isn’t doing it, and here I sit with sore ribs and dizzy spells.

Evan Fraser

West Coast Kart Club

Mike Giles
    Participant

Evan – I also battle rib issues and have both the Bengio and Ribtect. Both work well but the Ribtect is more adjustable and has a tapered construction so it fits my body a little better.

Evan Fraser
    Participant

I’ve found Canadian sources for both the Bengio and Ribtect so I’m just trying to figure out which to get.  Thanks guys!

Evan Fraser

West Coast Kart Club

tony zambos
    Participant

Order one of each. Try them both on and return the one you don’t like. It will cost you a little extra but you’ll know which of the two fits you best.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication