Home Forums Rotax Max recommend someone for Rotax Carb cleaning and rebuild

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Scottie Melancon 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Max Blum
    Participant

I have two that I would like rebuild and cleaned… at some point I pulled them off and they were not right. would like to have the spares on hand for when the need arises.

Finch Guenther
    Participant

Why not just download a manual and do it yourself?

Max Blum
    Participant

I think it needs to be deep cleaned… or is that just simply being naive… I think I even have the gasket kit and the parts, just never did it… you are right.

Eric Alexander
    Participant

Buy yourself a sonic cleaner from Harbor Freight for cheap (like under $50.00).  Then break down the carb and let the sonic cleaner do its thing on all the parts except the needle and the gaskets.  I do this on a regular basis using dawn dishwater cleaner.

Scottie Melancon
    Participant

That’s how I do it. After the bath, I blow high pressure are through it then hit with carb cleaner. Make sure to soak a Q-tip in WD40 and swab the float valve seat. This helps prevent the valve from sticking which could be real Bad.  Also, never use a solvent with the ultra sonic bath.  Us a mild  liquid detergent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.