Home Forums Chassis & Handling rear bumper fitment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Shayan Ranjbari 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Shayan Ranjbari
    Participant

I noticed that my reart bumper fit really tight. as in, I needed to stretch it for it to fit the bushings

now, is this something that all rears have, I’m running a full metal style, the chrome ones, or is it bad that mine is doing this?

I’d assume it’ll cause some binding in the axle, any lots of stiffness in the chassis

Tim Koyen
    Participant

That would seem a bit odd, and probably not the best.  I could see that acting similarly to a rear bumper with tight bolts.  I think I’d try to spread it a bit, one way or another, so it fits on the bushings easily.

Shayan Ranjbari
    Participant

ok cool, just wanted to confirm my suspicions

i got the kart second hand, and the bumper has been modified for whatever reason unknown to me, but there is a weld near one of the ‘posts’, or uprights that connects the hoop to the mount. it was probably shortened, from the looks of it

would it be worth trying to fix, or should i just get a new one? I don’t plan on running plastic FWIW

Matt Dixon
    Participant

Just cut it in the middle slip a tube with an ID the same as the OD over it drop a weld and call it good

Shayan Ranjbari
    Participant

ok i’ll give it a shot

don’t have a welder, but I do have brazing equipment. this shall suffice, correct?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.