Home Forums Road Racing Rear Axle collars?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cliff Brannon 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tim Landon
    Participant

Trying to use as few as possible.  Do you guys collar the wheel hubs?  I dont see the need, or am I wrong.  Also dont see the need on the brake hub or the axle its self.  I’m thinking only on the axle clutch. ???? Thanks

Greg Wright
    Participant

On an enduro I put axle collars on everything and I mean everything.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

tony zambos
    Participant

I’d run one on each side of the left axle bearing to hold the axle stationary. The axle moving could cause your brake rotor to drag and at best slow you down. Worst case is the rotor exploding.
    And I’d put them inside the hubs to prevent the tire moving in and contacting body work or the chassis.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Ian Krueger
    Participant

yes i use a total of around 9 or 10 to keep everything in place. Im actually considering making myself a set of beefy collars to hold my axle clutches in place because i have the space. Also I use blue loctite on the ones i move often, and red loctite on the ones around the brake rotor, axle clutch, just to be safe. Ive lost a couple before on track

2016 NHKA Yamaha Champ
    building a B Stock

Tim Landon
    Participant

Geez, I wouldnt want to take an axle collar to the face shield at 100mph.  That would leave a mark!

Cliff Brannon
    Participant

I tried to leave them off the wheel hubs once and the tire slid over and rubbed the rail ending my race.  Now I put them everywhere.

B-Stock
    Formula100

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication