Home Forums Vintage Karting Questions about vintage kart

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Berg 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Marcus
    Participant

Hey I have a chance to pick up this kart for 7-800$ and am trying to figure if it is worth buying, and if it can be converted to centrifugal clutch easily. It has an IAME engine, older 100cc model I believe. So yeah, how much is it worth, and can I convert to a centrifugal clutch and if so how much $ would it cost…

Thanks!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/c6aaaa5de871478fe9fb3ce34f7d1c8b/tumblr_mrxucdlIK61speilco1_500.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/f838430a01a240146be54d56dc1609f0/tumblr_mrxuaad7Xs1sp

Greg Wright
    Participant

You have what looks like a late 70s-early 80s Quicksilver enduro kart. It would be a terrible choice for a play machine and probably only has value to a vintage enduro guy. Even then they may be asking too much for it for the condition it’s in. Look’s like a Parilla rotary valve engine on it as well. Again a vintage object.

I’d like to have it myself for restoration but wouldn’t pay that much with it in that rough of condition.

Please do not bastardized this machine into a play kart.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Steve Matotan
    Participant

Marcus

All karts are for play. Do what ever you want.

Steve

Mike Berg
    Participant

Hi Marcus,
    The enduro kart can only be used at enduro tracks ( long sports car type tracks ).
    The engine is a Parilla TT25 which can be set up for a clutch.
    If you buy this thing I would like to trade you for a engine with a clutch for the Parilla engine no clutch, would be a TKM reed fresh with a clutch.
    Mike Berg
    magmo44@att.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication