Home Forums Road Racing Question about WKA vs AKRA rulebook

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Krueger 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ian Krueger
    Participant
    1. Hello

So I am planning on running the AKRA event this coming time at Pittsburgh PA. Anyone know of AKRA has any imprtant differences in rules such as body work, seat height from ground plane, or if they require steering fairings or anything you can think of , I have a curent WKA manual but if anyone knows any funny rules that are different, let me know! I’m racing Sprint Enduro (Yamaha)

Or if the AKRA rules are available online? That works too. Thanks

Ian

WKA sprint

Ian Krueger
    Participant

My ride is up to spec with WKA now so yeah I didn’t want to show up and be DQ’d but at the same time cannot find the rulebook online.

WKA sprint

Paul M. Petrun
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Ian, here is a link to dart karts website with the rule book.  http://www.dartkartclub.com/rules.html</p>
    Good luck

Paul

Ian Krueger
    Participant

THANKS!

WKA sprint

Bruce Peck
    Participant

Ian:  Assuming you are talking about the full body Yamaha/Piston Port classes such as WKA Sprint (or Piston Port Sprint for AKRA) – if you are up to snuff per WKA rules you’ll be fine for an AKRA race.  I don’t know of anything you would be called out for.  My little team has been running these sprints in WKA for years and more recently also at AKRA races like Mid Ohio and no changes are made.  Come to the Pitt race and have fun!

Edit to Add:  WKA now has the backup throttle spring rule that I don’t think AKRA is requiring (yet) so that is something I know we will have to add before Daytona (note to self . . . )

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Thanks Bruce.

One rule I noticed that I don’t quite understand is the brake teather. Is this perhaps just a cable that acts as a backup from the pedal to the master cylinder(s)? The wording is a little unclear, and that’s the only thing I’m missing to pass Inspection at Pittsburgh. Thanks!

WKA sprint

FastCat60
    Participant

Ian:

The brake tether is exactly that. It’s just a backup cable that goes between the pedal and the master cylinders to serve as a backup in case your brake rod disconnects itself and is pretty easy to install. Other than that item, as Bruce mentioned, the WKA and AKRA rules are basically identical for WKA/Piston Port Sprint with the intent of allowing you to cross between sanctioning bodies as easily as possible.

-Adam

Bruce Peck
    Participant

Ian: if you have questions about the brake tether send me an email (address below) and I can talk you through it.

yamadog35@comcast.net

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Thanks Bruce and Adam! Three cheers

WKA sprint

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication