Home Forums Shifter Karts Pump Around overflowing

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Carlos Perez 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Charles Stuart
    Participant

I have a Kawasaki KDX200 shifter kart with a Keihin PWK 36 that has the pump around mod with the dual Mikuni round pumps.

The system was overflowing pretty bad so I rebuilt the return pump but it is still happening. I had it running on the stand and I removed the tank cap I could see the fuel being returned but it obviously isn’t keeping up.

Anything else I should try, any suggestions?

Thanks

Gerry MCN
    Participant

the return pick up is set to high or if it does it only when the tank cap is on the you are not venting enough air from the breather line on the tank

Charles Stuart
    Participant

Thanks Gerry. The overflow happens with the tank cap on or off. I took the carb back off and have it on the workbench right now. I can tap the return pick up down but I’m not sure how far or where it should be. I’ve tried googling for pictures but no luck.

Gerry MCN
    Participant

post a good pic of yours

Charles Stuart
    Participant

(I already tapped it down a little bit but stopped when I realized I didn’t know exactly where it needed to be.)

Thanks

Gerry MCN
    Participant

return pickup is to low, but that is not that problem, try restricting the inlet,and you do have the vent tube plugged as seen here.

http://eknclassic.com/viewtopic.php?t=78529&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=inlet&start=30

Charles Stuart
    Participant

My vent tube is not plugged and the inlet is not restricted. Ill see what I can do, thanks again.

Carlos Perez
    Participant

I am a newbie in shifters and pump around, so it may not be the solution and I was lucky,  but I was experiencing the exact same problem and by changing the foam inside the carb did the trick. I have no more overflow…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.