September 3, 2013 at 3:56 pm #8857
ProKart Challenge California
2013 Championship Series — Round 5
Buttonwillow Raceway kart track — Reverse Direction
THIS Weekend, September 6-7
Registration Pre-Entry Deadline for ROUND 5 is MIDNIGHT THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT, SEPT 4TH!
Register online now at: www.skusastore.com
For ALL event info, go to: http://www.superkartsusa.com/regional/california-pkc/event-calendar/round-5-2013.html
It’s that time again! PKC Round 5 of 6 is THIS WEEKEND! See below for THE MOST IMPORTANT details and deadlines about this event.
Event Pre-Entry is NOW OPEN: The special online pre-entry package price is still just $295 for entry and race tires! Pre-register for this race online before midnight next Wednesday, September 4th at www.skusastore.com and save MONEY and TIME when checking in at the track! You save $83 on your race entry and race tires when you take advantage of our pre-entry online registration with your credit card. Plus, you can save time upon arrival by purchasing all of the other items you need thru our online store — like practice tires, fuel/oil, a transponder rental, and Friday practice! You will receive an email confirmation of your entry within 48 hours of submitting it.
If you prefer to pay by cash or check, we still offer a form you can download, fill out, and send in: http://www.superkartsusa.com/dmdocuments/2013_PKC_Race_Entry_Form.pdf. As long as we receive your form and payment prior to midnight on Wed, Sept. 4th, you still qualify for pre-entry pricing of just $115 for your race entry plus the cost of your race tires ($212+tax for SK’s, $203+tax for HZ’s). That’s a $35 savings from the walk-up pricing!
CLASSES TO BE RUN THIS AT THE RACE: S1, S2, S3, S4, S4 Magnum, S5, TaG Cadet, TaG Junior, TaG Senior and TaG Master. All of the class details can be found here: http://www.superkartsusa.com/regional/california-pkc/classes.html
Other Important Event Details:
* Track Configuration: We will be running the #1 Kart layout BACKWARDS (CW with the kink) for this event — just to mix it UP! The track diagram, along with directions and other important event info, can be found here: http://www.superkartsusa.com/regional/california-pkc/event-calendar/round-5-2013.html?start=1
* Event Schedule: Move-in starts THIS Thursday afternoon, September 5th. The gates will be open all night, as we have arranged for overnight camping and parking in the pits. The Registration desk opens Friday morning, Sept. 6th at 7am for check-in and walk-up entries. All-day practice will be 9am-5pm. Saturday race day will begin at 7:30am with TWO ROUNDS of practice. Podium and raffle will directly follow the last main event and tech inspection of the day. Although a final schedule will be given out at the track, you can see the full ‘tentative’ schedule posted here: http://www.superkartsusa.com/regional/california-pkc/event-calendar/round-5-2013.html?start=2
* Facility Info: Don’t forget about the $10 Buttonwillow Gate Fee for all attendees at this event.
* Practice before our event is OK: If you want to practice at this track in the REVERSE direction prior to our PKC Friday practice day, please contact the Buttonwillow kart track office to confirm that they will be allowing this direction on the day(s) you plan to be there: 661-764-5333. NOTE: Practice will not be allowed THIS Thursday, Sept. 5th, due to track maintenance — and the move-in of trailers and other vehicles that will inhibit karts safely pulling in and out of the grid.
* Reserved Pit Spots are a MUST! We are already looking quite full in the pits! See the latest pit map posted here: http://www.superkartsusa.com/dmdocuments/pkc-socal-r5-pitmap.pdf — most team managers have reserved pit spots for their drivers, but if you are still in need, go here to reserve one or more for just $30/spot: http://www.skusastore.com/product-p/pkc-evt-pitspot.htm (Be sure to give us your top 3 choices, and we’ll reconfirm your spot via email when we have you on the map.)
* Overnight Camping: Is available for just $50 for the whole weekend (Thursday thru Saturday nights). Go here to pre-pay for overnight camping and grab a spot (preferably in the top section in spots 205-217): http://www.skusastore.com/product-p/pkc-evt-camping.htm. Otherwise you can pay for camping upon arrival at the PKC registration desk.
* Hotel Accommodations: We have 2 local motels offering special rates for our event. Click here for that info: http://www.superkartsusa.com/regional/california-pkc/event-calendar/round-5-2013.html?start=3
* Competition Rules: All classes must conform to the online SKUSA Rulebook (and supplemental updates), like on the COMPETITION RULES page for our event as posted here: http://www.superkartsusa.com/regional/california-pkc/rules.html
MANDATORY RACE ITEMS:
* A Current SKUSA Membership/License: Is required to race, and is just $75 for a full 12 months. Click here for that information: http://www.superkartsusa.com/membership.html. You can apply for your membership AND register for the race all together thru our online store at www.skusastore.com. We will send you an email confirmation of your license and race number promptly.
* Race Numbers require a Letter Designator: Unless you are one of our SKUSA Pro Tour top 3 champs, you will have to be approved for a unique race number WITH a letter designator (that identifies where you live). These number/letter combos are required onall 4 sides of your kart — starting with the first on-track session of the weekend.
* Colored Race Number Panels: Specific number and background colors are mandatory by class. This is a TECH item! NOTE: Go here for all panel specs: http://www.superkartsusa.com/regional/california-pkc/about/race-number-panels.html.
* Spec Tires: The spec tires for all classes (except TaG Cadet) are MG-SK ‘whites’ — and your RACE tires MUST be purchased from PKC and have the special 2013 PKC stamp. TaG Cadet spec tires are MG-HZ ‘reds’, and must also be purchased from PKC and have the special tire stamp if used for competition (can be reused from event to event). PKC is shipping tires NOW thru next Wednesday — both practice and race tires — or you can order them (by next Wednesday) for pickup at the track. You may purchasepractice tires from PKC — or any local vendor of your choice — but they must be the spec MG tires for your class (and be ordered by next Wednesday to guarantee supplies at the track).
* Spec Fuel: Is VP MS98, although Rotax drivers are allowed to bring and use VP MS93. The spec oil is Motul 2T Kart Grand Prix. You can order your fuel and oil from PKC, or bring your own. If you are buying them from PKC, you must pre-purchase them by next Wednesday thru our online store to guarantee that your products will be available for pickup at the track.
10-day Weather Forecast: Looks like it’s gonna be HOT! Be sure to bring your coolers of water and ice, and visit the track CAFE for food and drinks throughout the weekend.
Championship Points and Prizes: This season’s PKC championship is 6 races with 1 drop, and running this track in the reverse direction could SHAKE UP the current championship standings! See the current standings posted here: http://www.superkartsusa.com/regional/california-pkc/series-points.html
Go to www.superkartsusa.com for all of the up-to-date info on ALL SKUSA events — and be sure to check back regularly, as info is posted continuously!
And don’t forget! For the BEST pricing,..
PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS PKC RACE #5 AT BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY NOW! The pre-entry deadline is THIS Wednesday NIGHT, Sept. 4th!
Please share this info with your racer friends who may not be on our email distribution.
Thanks, and see YOU in Buttonwillow!
Tom & Patti Kutscher
ProKart Challenge & Superkarts! USASeptember 8, 2013 at 5:58 pm #9357
race was tough, but a blast!
hot as always there…. but track was a lot of fun in that direction.
cant wait till the next one.September 9, 2013 at 7:31 pm #9447
Good job Chris, that PKRA race must have helped.
Good luck at Lanndcaster
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
EKN Editorial Search
EKN Editorial Directory
- e – SWAG
- EKN CANADA
- Briggs Racing
- Can-Am Karting Challenge
- Challenge Of The Americas
- Florida Winter Tour
- International Kart Federation
- Los Angeles Karting Championship
- Rock Island Grand Prix
- Rok Cup USA
- Route 66 Sprint Series
- Superkarts! USA
- Texas ProKart Challenge
- United States Pro Kart Series
- United States Rotax Max Challenge
- World Karting Association