Home Forums General Karting Discussion PRI Trade Show

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Steven Kay 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

David Cole
    Keymaster

This week, the PRI Trade Show returns to Indy, taking place at the Indiana Convention Center downtown on December 12-14. Who in the industry will be there and what EKN members plan on attending?

Stu Hayner
    Participant

I was on my way from Traverse City this morning, but had turn back because of the snow storm and very icy roads.

I hadn’t been to the PRI Show in about 5 years, and miss seeing my friends and all the new products.

If it clears tomorrow – I’m going to try again. I hope to see you there.

Stu

David Cole
    Keymaster

You mean the US-31 issues? I know what your talking about. Here in GR the roads are not that bad. Not great but driveable.

Lyle Clark
    Participant

I won’t be there this year. If it was still in Orlando, I would have been. 70 degrees vs -2 degrees.

Lyle

Mike Burrell
    Participant

Joe Janowski & I went yesterday, representing National Karting Alliance.  It was good to catch up with a few people in the karting industry; however, in general, karting is not very well represented…

One of the most interesting conversations we had was an impromptu one with Keith Freber from Margay regarding the “beginner classes” he’s overseeing at Gateway’s new kart track.  A turnkey $3995 Margay kart with Briggs LO206 engine, all spec ~and kept simple for new karters.

Ray Mcik
    Participant

Joe Janowski & I went yesterday, representing National Karting Alliance. It was good to catch up with a few people in the karting industry; however, in general, karting is not very well represented… One of the most interesting conversations we had was an impromptu one with Keith Freber from Margay regarding the “beginner classes” he’s overseeing at Gateway’s new kart track. A turnkey $3995 Margay kart with Briggs LO206 engine, all spec ~and kept simple for new karters.

$3995 ? That engine sells for around $550 then figure in another 400ish for clutch and mount etc , which chassis are they getting ?

David Cole
    Keymaster

I’m guessing the Brava 4.2c

Also, Victory Kart is providing $500 Arrive-and-Drive programs at the Florida Winter Tour this season.

For a beginner or someone who doesn’t have the funds to buy a TaG or Shifter – a LO206 or Yamaha package is the best solution.

Greg Dingess
    Participant

I’m guessing the Brava 4.2c Also, Victory Kart is providing $500 Arrive-and-Drive programs at the Florida Winter Tour this season. For a beginner or someone who doesn’t have the funds to buy a TaG or Shifter – a LO206 or Yamaha package is the best solution.

Margay Racing has 4 karts at the PRI Show this year – in the HPD Honda booth, Schaeffer Oil booth, Gateway Motorsports Park booth and Briggs Racing booth.

The $3,995 package mentioned is in reference to the Ignite Series kart in the Briggs Racing booth.  This package is a spec package designed to run in a series starting at the new Kartplex inside the Gateway Motorsports Park in 2014.  It features a spec chassis (manufactured by Margay Racing), sealed engine (currently the Briggs LO206) and a spec tire compound (most likely a harder compound such as the Bridgestone YDS).  The series is designed to maintain a level playing field, keep costs down and provide a solid platform for new people to get into the sport.  I’ve raced for years, and this package is plenty fast and fun.

More information to be released after the first of the year.

Greg Dingess
    Participant

$3995 ? That engine sells for around $550 then figure in another 400ish for clutch and mount etc , which chassis are they getting ?

Complete LO206 packages are $980 (http://www.margay.com/shopmargay/L0206/).  We have put 1000 laps on two pallets of engines and they are a bullet proof piece.

The chassis will be a “Ignite K1, K2 or K3″ depending on age and will be manufactured by Margay Racing right here in the States ;).

Steven Kay
    Participant

The PRI show was amazing this year… but it was a total disappointment if you’re a karter.  There was NOTHING.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.